Romeo's Rise

Guys, I will update in 2 days. Just saying. Bye!

Strickler's class wasn't interesting , as he was going on about malaria and how bugs are destined to destroy humanity, but I was so happy to see him I actually listened, although I still couldn't keep my eyes off Claire for long I tuned out for a bit (who wouldn't ?) and I jumped when Mr Strickler called my name.
"Young Atlas, since you are not paying attention and clearly know this, would you care to tell me what tactics Napoleon used to win?" Thankfully, I remembered the answer to this, and replied, smiling,
"Napoleonic tactics are characterized by intense drilling of the soldiers; speedy battlefield movement; combined arms assaults between infantry, cavalry, and artillery; and a relatively small numbers of cannon, short-range musket fire, and bayonet charges." To say Mr Strickler was impressed was an understatement.
"I must say, that is in more detail than I would've expected!" Thankfully, the bell rang to signal the end of the school day, which meant it was rehearsal time, saving me from any further embarrassment. I smiled at Mr Strickler and got up to leave, and I was accompanied by Claire.
"Jim, right?" I stared at her. She remembered my name! But wait... I didn't even tell her my name yet. So how does she know?
"Um... yeah?" She smiled.
"That was pretty impressive, what you just said back there! I mean, Strickler didn't actually teach us the tactics Napoleon used! I guess you must have been studying, right?"
" In a way..." I shrugged, " but I don't usually study much, as I have other things to do."
Or I will have other things to do, I thought. Claire looked impressed.
" Well it's nice to meet someone who doesn't seem to only care for themselves, and actually takes initiative." Her gaze travelled over to Steve and she scowled when she saw the way he was looking at Eli. "Idiot," she muttered, "when I asked him about the play, he said he didn't want to prance about like 'a pair of drunk ballerinas'." She snorted, and then smiled at me. " anyway, I was going to ask if I can come over to your house today with my little brother, Enrique. My parents are going out for a date night, and Darci and Mary are busy, so you're the first person I would think of." I thought about it. It might jump start our relationship, and it might be easier to break it to her about the whole trolls gist later on.
"Sure!" I beamed at her.

I saw Toby off as he went home. Before he left, I called to him.
"Hey, Tobes?" He turned and looked at me.
"Yeah, Jimbo?" I swallowed.
"If you want a girlfriend, try Darci. She likes you more than you know." He looked at me, now bemused.
"I'll... keep that in mind? Thanks, I guess." I smiled at him and went off to my audition.

"I'm Jim lake, here to try out for the part of Romeo."  Even though I've already auditioned, I still feel nervous.
"Well don't keep us waiting, Mr Lake. Blow our minds!" I took a deep breath, then smiled thankfully as a much, much younger Eli handed me a wooden sword. I twirled it in my hand.
"Destiny..." I faltered. Wouldn't it be cheating if I said the same thing twice? I imagined what Blinky would say.
Nothing is false, Master Jim, if it is true and from the heart. The heart overcomes all lies and falseships.
I smiled, and began again.
"Destiny is a gift. Some go their entire lives living in quiet desperation, feeling as if what feels like a burden pushing down upon our shoulders, is actually a sense of purpose that lifts us to greater heights! Don't think..." I paused, imagining all my friends voices saying the same thing, "become."
Silence. I focused on the people in front of me.
"Um... hello?" Suddenly, everyone burst into applause. All except Claire, whose brows were furrowing together, as if she was trying to remember something. My breath hitched. Was it possible... she remembered?