The Explanation

NEW PART COMING SOON TO A WATTPAD NEAR YOU!
Jim POV

As I walked home from school, my mind kept wandering to the look on Claires face in auditions. It's impossible for her to remember, as there's nothing to remember. Since this is in the past (or the present), she wouldn't have experienced the world of trolls yet. But I still held on to the hope that she knows, so I wouldnt be alone in this battle against time. Then I grinned. Battle against time. I was spending too much time doing Romeo and Juliet. Next I would be speaking in the language of the Tudors! And then, it hit me. Literally. I walked into a wall outside the school.
"Stupid wall." I grumbled. And then I saw it. A poster. A poster that would change the entire course of events of the trollhunters. Suddenly, I was fully focused. I knew exactly what to do. I ran to the canals, taking the amulet out of my bag, only one word spiralling out of control through my mind.
Gunmar.
Somehow, for some supernatural reason, I didn't notice a flash of blue, as fast as lightning, come out of my bag and race off to unknown places.
Claire POV
I sat in my room, all the lights switched off. The memories came flooding back into me. Jim calling the amulet, Toby and I going through the bridge, Toby dying. Jim going back in time to make things right... all of these memories overwhelmed me, trapping me inside my mind. The pain these memories brought... it was insufferable. All of a sudden, the pain went away to be replaced by a knock on the door. It was so sudden I couldn't help but let out a gasp.
Who would be knocking at the door at 18:00? Shakily, attempting to block the flow of emotions, I got down the stairs, opening the door. As I looked at the person in the door, my mind shifted to one thought again.
Trollhunters.

Third Person POV
The amulet stared at her through the door, it's slow pulse trying to soothe her racing thoughts. She stared back defiantly, covering her recent fit behind an expressionless mask. The amulet seemed to glow desperately, indicating something. Understanding flashed in her eyes, face becoming determined. Without hesitation, she ran out of the door, into the night, where trolls and monsters lurk, knowing for sure that she was about leave her old life behind.

Jim POV
The canals were part of the night, illuminated only by the flickering light of the rusty lamp that guides the cars on the street. I looked around what would become one of the most well-known places in Arcadia. Hidden right under this very canal was Trollmarket; the beautiful home of the all Trolls, including Blinky and Aaarggh! I sighed as I once again remembered what I had lost with my choice.
For Toby, I thought, for Strickler, Nomora and everyone else who died. Footsteps startled me out of my thoughts. Soft padding, almost as if on no feet. I frowned. Claire? I turned, ready to see her. The sight that greeted me stopped me. In. My. Goddamn. Tracks.
"Hello there, Trollhunter." Bular growled.