𝟎𝟏𝟏. no matter what

Start from the beginning

Steve looked down at her with a melancholy expression, "No matter what?"

"No matter what," Lucrecia smiled at him and he returned the favor.

"Nat's off to Vienna for the signing of the Accords. She invited me to go with her but I told her that I'd rather be with you." Lucrecia informed him after a moment of silence.

The Maximoff licked her lips, "A part of why I'm here is because she wanted for you to come with us."

Steve sighed deeply, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, Lu, I can't sign it."

"I know."

"Then what are you doing here, the other part of you that wasn't sent by Nat?" Steve asked her.

Lucrecia swallowed, nodding her head a little bit. "I didn't want you to be alone. I told you that everything was going to be okay, I even promised you . . . and I don't intend to break that promise."

Steve had tears welling up in his eyes, he bit his lip to stop himself from letting out a cry.

Lucrecia saw how he was close to breaking down, she didn't like seeing him being sad. It broke her heart to witness him like this.

"Come here."

Lucrecia pulled him into a big hug, Steve wrapped his arms around her torso, clinging onto her for dear life as if she'll vanish in his hold.

"Promise me you'll never leave me?" Steve mumbled.

Lucrecia closed her eyes, a barely visible smile on her lips. It wasn't a happy smile, no; it was a sad one.

"I promise," she said.

But then again, promises are made to be broken.

          𝓛ucrecia met up with Sam after the moment in the Church. The two of them were looking for Steve only to find him getting a little close with a blonde girl.

Lucrecia and Sam shared a confused glance, the Maximoff girl scowled at the sight of them. "Steve," Sam called out making the duo turn their heads to the two Avengers.

Steve's eyes widened when he saw Lucrecia standing beside Sam with a scowl on her face. His cheeks turned a little bit red when he realized that she saw the whole thing, as did Sam.

"There's something you gotta see."

The three of them and the blonde girl went into another room where the TV was playing the latest news. "A bomb hidden in a news van."

"Who's coordinating?" Blondie asked someone through the phone.

"Ripped through the UN building in Vienna. More than 70 people have been injured. Atleast 12 are dead, including Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have released a video of a suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, the Winter Soldier."

Lucrecia and Sam looked at Steve at the mention of his bestfriend in the '40s. Steve kept his eyes glued to the screen, avoiding their burning glances.

"The infamous Hydra agent linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations."

Blondie — Lucrecia didn't care about her name — came up beside Steve and the Maximoff girl, "I have to go to work."

"No one's stopping you, blondie," Lucrecia spoke, not even sparing her a glance.

"Don't be rude, Lu." Steve scolded her like a child making both her and Sam roll their eyes. He turned to Sharon, "Before you go, I need your help with something."