Y/N let out a breath, the hot air making a cloud within the cold weather. Specks of snow stuck to her red haori, slowly seeping into the fabric.

The h/c girl ascended the mountain, her breath hitching once she came across a small house. Two bodies laid in the front, the form of a small girl, covering the body of a little boy.

From the amount of blood spread across all of the walls, the girl could see that those weren't the only casualties.

Coming closer and seeing the bloodied children scattered in the small house, her initial sorrow transformed into anger.

This monster...

Clenching her teeth, a small feeling pinched her gut. This feeling told her that the demon responsible for this left not too long ago.

The girl flew out of the house, making a turn. She ran forward, chasing her intuition. As she ran, the cold bit at her ears, the falling snow blurring her vision. Eventually she came across a well dressed man. His black suit was stark against the white covered mountain.

The man walked with leisure, unaffected by the weather. Cautious, Y/N remained a large distance away, quietly unsheathing her sword and plucking a few needles from within her sleeves. Despite the alarm bells ringing within her mind, the girl shot forward, a katana raised in her hand.

"I'm afraid I don't have time for this," a deep voice rang out, surprising the h/c girl.

Just as she was a foot away from the figure, his head snapped towards her.

Bright red eyes.

It was the last thing the h/c girl saw before everything turned black.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

E/c eyes slowly fluttered open. At the bright rays peeking through from the window, the girl attempted to shield herself. Unable to move her arms, she looked down.

Her entire body was covered in casts and bandages. Turning her head to the side, the girl noticed a familiar kabuki mask placed on the wooden table.

Her heart dropped upon realizing her face was bare. Suddenly, the door slid open. Y/N's breathing halted, unable to reach for her mask.

However, her panic eased upon seeing the Love Pillar. When Mitsuri saw the familiar e/c, she cried out.

"Y/N!!!" Mitsuru ran over to the bedridden girl, dropping to her knees at her side.

"You were asleep for so long, I thought you'd never wake up!" the emotional girl sobbed.

Y/N wanted to pat her head to console her but glanced at her wrapped hands. Turning to look at the shaking girl she said softly,

"It's alright, Mitsuri-san. I'm fine now!"

Mitsuri sniffled and lifted her head up to look at the beautiful face that was offering her such a kind smile. She felt her heart skip a beat. Quickly rubbing the tears and snot off her face, she smiled back.

"Yes, I'm so glad!"

Still, Y/N felt a bit troubled. The girl looked over to the mask on the table beside her. Noticing her distress, the Love Pillar followed the girl's eyes.

"Oh! Don't worry! We never let anyone come in here! Shinobu-san treated you while I stood guard the entire time!" she stated proudly.

Y/N left out a breath of relief.

"I'm glad it was just you and Shinobu-san that saw me. Still, do you think you can tie my mask  for me? I feel more comfortable with it on."

At her words, Mitsuri felt a bit anxious.

"Well..." the girl trailed off. Y/N stared at the hesitant girl that swirled her fingers together.

"Well, what?"

"It wasn't just me and Shinobu-san that saw your face..." the pink and green haired girl confessed.

"What?! I thought you said you didn't let anyone in?" Y/N shouted, dismayed.

"I didn't, I swear! It was Tomioka-san that brought you in! He was the one that discovered you!"

"Apparently you both had missions on the same mountain. Once he brought you here, we made sure that he didn't come back. I promise!"

Despite her words, Y/N didn't feel any relief. The h/c girl trembled at the new information.

A man had seen her face.

All of the warnings that her mother had given her flashed through her mind. Her entire past and trauma fought to the front of her thoughts. She squeezed her eyes shut and tried to shake them away but the deep feeling of fear didn't leave.

The girl dreaded the day the Water Pillar would approach her.

For months, the girl remained on edge. Mitsuri's protection had failed to offer her any reassurance. Even as the girl recovered and was back to her top condition, she worried. She knew that a time would come where she would be forced to meet Giyu.

However, the confrontation that occurred was a lot less complicated than the girl had originally expected.

The two had come across each other in the Butterfly Estate when the man had just finished a mission.

Giyu was quiet and polite, only offering a short greeting before leaving. He didn't exhibit any abnormal behavior and remained his stoic self.

The interaction left Y/N feeling guilty and doubtful.

Giyu had been the one to save her yet she had been avoiding him for the longest time. He hadn't been anything like what she imagined or what she remembered from the men in her past.

The h/c started feeling doubtful towards the words of her mother. Thinking about Giyu, she thought, maybe not all men.

Unbeknownst to her, a pair of undetected, deep blue eyes followed her form at every moment possible.