Chapter 14 - Apology

You look around in awe. The colors are more vibrant, everything is so beautiful. You get lost in the wonders around you for a moment before remembering to say hi to Heimdall.

"Hi Heimdall, I assume you saw us coming?"

For a second, he looks surprised. "Yes, yes I did."

Some Asgardian guards come in and take the Tesseract from Thor. You realize you are still holding hands with Loki and quickly let go.

Now that his hands are free, Thor turns to you. "(y/n), you must come with me to prepare before you are taken to meet Odin." He faces Loki. "Guards will deal with you."

"Are you ready?" You nod and he pulls you close by your waist and you fly into the air. You land on one of the many balconies and a maid hands you some clothes.

After getting dressed and marveling at the beautiful silks and dresses, you are ready to see Odin. Guards lead you into the throne room and you end up standing next to Loki.

He has a ridiculous amount of chains that jingle every time he moves. Frigga is already leaving and you give her a little nod to show your respect. She gives you a knowing smile.

Loki laughs and it startles you. "I really don't see what all the fuss is about."

You look up to see Odin, sitting unnecessarily high up on his throne. Jeez, how elevated does his throne need to be?

Odin talks in his weird old man voice. "Do you not truly feel the gravity of your crimes? Wherever you go there is war, ruin and death."

Wow that's really intense. And not at all supportive of a son that's going through a lot. Odin sucks as a dad.

Loki doesn't let it phase him. "I went down to Midgard to rule the people of Earth as a benevolent god. Just like you."

Odin does his signature frowny face. "We are not gods. We are born, we live, we die. Just as humans do."

"Give or take 5000 years." You add. You glance at Loki and by the look on his face, he was about to say that.

Odin stares at you. "All of this because Loki desires a throne."

You want to say something but Loki speaks first. "It is my birthright."

"Your birthright was to die as a child." You internally gasp as Odin spits out the words you know will scar Loki forever. "Cast out onto a frozen rock. If I had not taken you in you would not be here now to hate me."

You internally gasp again, completely done with Odin and this conversation. "No." You say with conviction. "That isn't Loki's birthright."

Loki looks taken aback, but Odin just sneers at you. "Oh, intelligent Midgardian, then what is?"

"Loki's birthright is to become an intelligent, compassionate and amazing man." You speak louder, gaining confidence as you go.

"I saw what Loki can be, and I believe he can be great.  You pushed him to be something he isn't, to compete with Thor for the throne you will never give him. You took Loki from Jotunheim for your own selfish political reasons, and no wonder he grew up thinking power and trickery were life's only goals with a father that taught him those very ideals. Does Hela ring any bells? But there's one thing that's different between you and Loki. He will change and grow and become a better version of himself. But you, Odin, king of Asgard, will always stay the same egotistical bilgesnipe, never changing, stuck in an endless cycle of mistakes and wrongdoings."

After you finish, you realize you were starting to see red. You look over at Loki whose eyebrows are raised. Odin looks pissed.

"Take her down to her cell." He shouts. "I don't want to see her face."

You smirk, knowing you verbally kicked his butt, and don't resist as the guards lead you to the dungeon. Your cell is actually not terrible. There is a main room with two twin beds and a door to a bathroom.

You sit on one of the sofas and try to read a book, but the language is all Asgardian. After a couple minutes, Loki is escorted down the hall and also put into your cell. I guess that's who the second bed is for.

He still has all of his jangly chains on and you work together to get them and his muzzle off. Both of you plop on opposite ends of the couch and sit in silence.

Then, he speaks. "Thank you, (y/n), for everything you've done for me. Standing up to my father was... incredible."

You look at him expectantly and he sighs. "I'm sorry for saying all of those mean things to you back at the tower. You were being kind to me and I wasn't used to it so I used a dumb reason to push you away. I do need you, can you ever forgive me?" He says the last part really dramatically and puts his hand on his heart.

You laugh and nod. "Yes, I forgive you."

He frowns, remembering something. "Who's Hela?"

You smirk. "Eh, your apology wasn't good enough to get that question answered."

He chuckles. "Oh!" You recall something you have to do. "I don't know if you overheard but I am going to be your therapist/rehab person? But we'll start that tomorrow."

"Alright." He groans. "Although I wish we could start it never."

You laugh, glad to be friends again. Well, if not friends, cellmates.