Chapter 6 - Interrogation

You follow Nat down hallway after hallway until she leads you to a bathroom. "Here." She hands you a pile of clothes. "Shower and get changed. Then we'll talk." You go inside and the door locks behind you.

You look in the mirror and see what a mess you are. You shower, brush your hair, and put on the clothes she gave you. A baggy Stark Industries shirt, blue jeans that surprisingly fit perfectly, and some tennis shoes.

You step out and see Nat waiting for you. She leads you down more halls and into an interview room. You sit down in one of the metal chairs, and see security cameras in every corner.

"So." Nat begins. "You are (y/n) (l/n)." You nod. "We did a background check on you and you're a freshman in college, majoring in psychology. You have a brother and a sister, and a mom and a dad. Is that true?" You nod again. "So why would someone who seems to have a good, normal life, decide to try and beat up Captain America?"

"Oh, um well first of all sorry Cap and Tony..." You are stalling, trying to think of what your story should be. None of this happens in your brain, so you have no script to guide you.

You decide a stretched truth seems like the best option. "Well as you probably know, I was on vacation with my family in Germany, and I saw Loki doing his speech, and helping him seemed like a way to make my life more interesting. Also, he's a god so there's that."

"Steve and Tony both reported that during the fight, you seemed to know exactly what they were going to do next. What do you have to say about this?" Nat inquires.

"Oh. Well I guess I am very perceptive, or Steve and Tony are just too obvious with what they are going to do next."

You see the corner of Nat's mouth lift into the suggestion of a smile. She leads you back to your cell, and stands outside of it. "Thank you for your cooperation (y/n). If you need anything, just give us a shout. And if you want to be moved to a different cell, I think we could manage that as well."

You turn to Loki who glances up from the magazine he's reading and looks like he's prepared for you to desert him. "Thanks Nat, but I like the company." You internally smile as his face gives a hint of surprise.

"Wait. How did you know my name?" She looks suspicious of you.

You lift your eyebrows and shrug. "I have my ways." Then you go and sit next to Loki and read over his shoulder. Nat leaves, but you know she'll be back in an hour or so.

"Pssst. Loki." You whisper. "Random question, can you read my mind?"

He looks at you. "Well if you must know, with physical contact I can see your memories, but no, I cannot read your mind."

"Ok good because my mind is pretty crazy. Can you teach me magic?" You look into his eyes.

"No. Midgardians can't do magic without someone like me giving them some and I won't give you part of my powers so you can do party tricks."

"Ugh, fine." Then your stomach grumbles. You shout up at the ceiling. "Nat! Fury! Any Avenger! I need food!" You glance at Loki, who looks like a prideful idiot. "Loki needs some food too!"

Five minutes later, 2 sandwiches, 2 bottles of water and a cookie in a Captain America lunchbox fall through the door hole in the ceiling. You take a sandwich, a water and the cookie for yourself.

Loki looks at you. "Can I have half of the cookie?"

You stare at him in shock, then slap him. "No! It is not my fault you have an ego and can't handle asking for help. If you want a cookie, you can yell and request one. Jeez." You go and sit in your pillow fort.

Loki stands and eats his sandwich. You both chill in peaceful silence. Then Nat comes back.