7

FADE IN:

7. INT. SAMGYUP RESTAURANT - SUNSET

Cedric smells the flowers he's holding as he made his way inside the restaurant. He sits on their usual spot and waits for her. A chyron appears above his head as he sends her a message.

CEDRIC

Here already. I'll wait for you before I order. xoxo

Cedric smiles at the staff who stopped in front of him.

STAFF

Special occasion?

CEDRIC (smiling widely)

Third anniversary

The staff congratulates him before going back to his job. Cedric opens his phone and sees no reply from Annika. He looks around the place and saw minor changes in the interior. He sees a design that he knows Annika will like. He smiles to himself. 

An hour passed. Until it becomes two. And three. A chyron will appear as he types in a message.

CEDRIC

Annika? You still at work?

He waits for a good five minutes, hoping to receive a reply from her, but he doesn't receive any. He looks around and saw a lot of people coming in and out. The restaurant is almost full. He glanced at the counter and saw some staff looking at him. He heaves a sigh before he stands up to leave. He opens his phone and texts, Annika, again.

The text message says: Tell me if you're done with work so I can pick you up. Let's eat somewhere else. I love you.

He starts walking with a heavy heart, giving some of the staff a small smile before he exits the place.

DISSOLVE TO: