Unnatural Earthquakes...or Elephantquakes?

Start from the beginning

"They even have a ninja, Luffy!" Chopper chirped, now on Franky's shoulder.

"We've helped them so much already, let's just continue!" I chimed, smiling at the back of our captain with everyone else.

Surprisingly, Luffy wasn't saying a word. He stood there silently. Kinemon pleaded for his aid yet again as if to encourage a verbal response. The captain finally claimed, "I refuse!" My jaw fell at the words.

"Wh-what?" Kinemon gasped in shock.

"What did you just say?!" Usopp questioned.

"I refuse!" Luffy repeated.

"Why?! We've been traveling together!" the sniper asked.

"I refuse!"

Usopp started shaking him around and beating him up, Franky and Chopper trying to persuade him to change his mind as well. I joined in on their cause. Nami agreed with him solely so that she could "negotiate", but she was halted by Chopper and Franky.

Luffy struggled to lift his head, but when he did, he looked straight at Momo, yelling, "Are you just a figurehead, Momo?! You say it! I thought you were an important person! You're the leader of these great men, aren't you?!" The teen jumped to his feet, the motion throwing Usopp off of him. "Are you gonna just cry?!"

Momo took the arm that was covering his eyes off so that he could look at Luffy. He was still crying, of course, but he definitely acknowledged the words that were just directed at him. Nami faced her captain and started slapping him, "How could you make him cry like that?! Don't be harsh to an eight year old!"

I grabbed her and pulled her back from him, "Hey hey, Momo was already crying in the first place for the past ten minutes, that's not on Luffy."

"Luffy, generally, heirs don't necessarily stand on their feet until they're fully grown," Brook interjected.

"Is he even a heir anymore, though? He's no longer the next in line, he's at the front of it," I retorted. I think Luffy has a point, even if the way he said what he said was a little harsh.

The skeleton tapped his chin in thought. I turned around as the sound of footsteps began. Momo was walking towards Luffy, who was still being held back by Usopp from when Nami was slapping him. I let go of Nami when she made a move to walk toward the kid. "Yes, come here, Momo. I'm sorry for what our stupid captain said to you..." she trailed off when she realized that he was not coming to her.

The kid got to Luffy when the captain had shook Usopp off yet again. After a bit longer of him sniffling, he finally looked Luffy in the eyes and shouted, "I WANT TO BRING DOWN KAIDO! He was an enemy to my parents! He killed my mother too! I wish to grow up and became strong quickly to avenge my mother and father! I want to protect all my retainers too! But because my body's still small, I can't do that! That's why I want you to fight with me!" Momo fell to his knees and placed his hands on the floor in front of him, "I'm begging you!" Right when he was about to put his face down to fully bow, Luffy stopped him with a hand.

"I got it! Let's join hands! We're allies! Let me have Kaido's head, though!" Luffy finally declared.

Momo cried some more and put his little hands around our captain's, leaning his forehead against it, "Thank you! Thank you!"

"You're doing it wrong! You gotta grab it tight! Like this!" Luffy brought his other hand around and clutched their little handshake thing.

"Thank you...!"

"Like this!"

"But I am grabbing your hand..."

"No, do this!"