Prologue

" Prez, a word if you got time?" Gator requested as they entered the clubhouse after a run north.

   "Office" was Rippers only response before he lead the way to his office off the chapel.  Once there he offered the old man a beer before sitting in the chair behind his desk.

  Cracking his beer Gator seemed to study him a minute before he finally got down to why they needed to talk.  In all the years he'd know the brother not once had he ever seen the man nervous.  And given the shit they'd faced him looking nervous now wasnt good.

   "It's time I retired officially from tattooing and a step back from club work"  Gator stated looking down at his hands clearly not happy with his mitts.  "The hands just cant do it it anymore' he growled.

   Truth, Ripper had known this conversation was coming.  The man was nearing 70 years and had been a prospect when Rippers Grandfather was prez of the MC.  The life wasnt easy on the hands and more so for their tattoo artist.  Gator had layed down alot of ink in his days including Ripper's. In the past couple years the man had closed down shop and only did work for the club.  Problem was hed never trained his replacement.

   "I'll make some calls...." he began but Gator shook his head surprising Ripper.  Looking down at his beer Gator seemed to debate before he spit it out.  Which was good because even though he was patient he had his limit, especially when horny or hungry.  And tonight he was both.

    "Remeber my boy Danny?" he questioned and Ripper nodded but didnt speak.  Truth Gator's son Danny had been an ass.

     'Danny married into money, his college sweetheart.  Cut me out completly, didnt want anything to do with this life or family.  And i let him go" he continued " Then ten years back I got a call telling me he was dead.  Drunk driver." Gator told and no shit it was a shock as the man never said anything.

   Back then his Uncle Pitcher had been Prez and all Ripper remembered is Gator had left suddenly for a week.  Since then hed never questioned the old man on his reasons for a week off, same time each year.  They all had their demons and if he didnt want to share that had been his right.

   "Bitch of a daughter in law wasnt even the one to call me.  Didnt even want me at the funeral.  Was my granddaughter who called.  A girl of only 15 who i'd never even known existed.  She'd found my info in her dads stuff and called her to the clubhouse." Gator ground out then continued to speak of the trip hed taken for the funeral and to meet the girl.  How every year since he'd go for one week to visit her.

   "So heres the point Ripper.  The girl had more artistic talent in her baby finger than my total.  Mother didnt aprove of art as a life choice so i offered to put her through a two year art program.  The year she was to finish it she asked me to teach her tattooing but I couldnt leave here.  So i set her up with Moss in San Fransico as an aprentice.  In exchange i made the lass a deal that when i retired shed come take over.  If she didnt like it here shed stay till she trained her replacement" Gator spit out finally.

   The room fell silent as Ripper processed all Gator had said.  San Fransico was a rough chapter.  Seen alot of crap hit them in the last 5-6 years while the girl was there.  Moss and the local Prez Demon were good men and would have seen to her protection.  Didnt matter that she was the granddaughter of a memeber of a different chapter.  Blood Wolves were all family, blood was blood. 

   'Okay the club can set up a location for her to work...."he began but again Gator shook his head but this time not meeting Rippers gaze. "Shit old man, what did you promise her!' he ground out hoping he got through this without strangling the man. Was poor leadership to kill a brother.

  "My girl knows how it works and agrees to use Bowen for her bookkeeping.  But she wants to own the shop outright....' he stated and honest that wasnt to bad so where was the catch

   'What, spit it out,  She want to bring her guy over, what?" Ripper ground out when the silence stretched to long.

   "She's got no guy but its....fuck shit.  Okay she's best friends with Demon's youngest daughter.  And the girls convinced the man to let her come along." Gator spewed and shocked the shit out of Ripper.

   Demon was not a man convinced to do anything.  Truth the man made Ripper more than a little uneasy with all hed heard over the years.  Two years ago a bunch of the chapters women had been taken by a rival club.  Demon got them back but when hed seen what had been done to them he'd went 10 levels of crazy on the rival club.  A club that no longer existed. 

   "I'll call him when we're done here.  Fuck you realize what'll happen if anything happens to her right.  But I cant say no either without causing shit.  Fuck, fine.  Call your girl and tell her to get her ass here.  Tell the guys church tomorrow at ten.  Both are being put as off limits"  he ground out then finished his beer in a gulp wishing it was whisky. 

   With whisky in hand Ripper dialed demons number then waited. 

  "Demon" a deep voice growled

   "Ripper here, fuck man could you not say no to two young women" he questioned watching how he addressed them.

   "Dude you'll learn soon enough that its not possible." the man actually chuckled then went silent "My girl Lizbeth is a good girl and so is Brinn.  Keep them safe from enemies, its all i can ask.  If my girl finds a man there atleast it'll be better than one of my assholes.  No hard feelings.  Just keep her safe." he offered which was good because fuck being shot hurt and Demon would shoot him if that hadnt been said

   "Whats the real reason your shipping her off? he questioned knowing there had to be more to it.

   "We got some issues and heat here.  Best get both out of the line of fire" he answered and Ripper left it at that.  If his assistance was needed Demon would put in an official request.

  "K man but just dont shoot me if she ends up someones old lady here" he groaned to Demons chuckling amusement on the other end.