I am picturing you beside me

Start from the beginning

Ultimately, he decides to request help from his most trusted friends, in hopes of creating a better strategy and eventually, a positive outcome.

What he didn't expect was to have Jimin so eager to help him. Jimin's attitude gave Jungkook a push forward. Jimin would not encourage Jungkook to tell Taehyung he still loves him unless he knew there was a small chance that it would make them both happy.

Sometimes Jungkook wonders how much did Jimin tell Taehyung about Jungkook since they came back.

"Alright, Jimin. Please correct me if I am wrong. I want to make sure I'm not gonna look ridiculous." Jungkook nibbles on his lower lip, a bit anxious.

Jimin just nods, right hand holding a pink fluffy pen, his undivided attention on Jungkook and what he is about to say.

"Taehyung thinks I was over him as soon as we stopped talking." Jungkook starts with the first bullet point on the list.

Jimin agrees. "Yes, definitely. Or around the time you started dating Haru."

Jungkook nods in acknowledgment, observing the timeline of the past events, It makes a lot of sense why Taehyung thinks that way, Jungkook just didn't consider it before.

"Alright. Let's see. Taehyung thinks I'm over him, and he refuses to get closer to me because he doesn't want to.. well I... I really don't feel like assuming this out loud. " Junkook excuses himself, hoping that instead of him mentioning it, Jimin would do it for him.

If Seojoon was right, then Taehyung avoids Jungkook because getting closer meant that there was a close possibility that deeply buried feelings could come back.

This means Taehyung might also be scared of falling back again in love with Jungkook.

Yet, since it is just a possibility, Jungkook isn't that eager to say it out loud. He'd rather play dumb just to have it confirmed.

Rolling his eyes at Jungkook's stubbornness, Yoongi gives up on working on his PC and joins them. "Jungkook, from what I gathered up until now, it's kind of obvious that he is.. avoiding something."

"Yes, what. What is he avoiding?"

Jimin and Yoongi shared a dumbfounded glance.

"It is not my place to say it." Jimin said with conviction. "You should talk this over with him."

"What if he wouldn't tell me? Remember? He avoids me?"

"When did Taehyung avoid you, Jungkook? The last time I checked, he contacted you. You keep assuming shit, no hard feelings but you are so dumb sometimes. You keep saying Taehyung doesn't want to see me, hear me out, talk to me, etc . But he never said that, right?" Jimin gestured with his hands, exasperatedly.

"So you say that..." Jungkook musters some courage. "If I tell him that I want to also confess my true feelings, he won't refuse to hear me out?"

"Exactly, see, wasn't that hard." Jimin fake smiles, ruffling Jungkook's hair.

"Alright. I'm gonna tell him how I feel."

"Yes, Jungkook, you tell him how you feel." Yoongi agrees.

"But then what?" Jungkook's face fills up again with anxiety.

"What? Nothing has to happen, Jungkook. Be honest, have no expectations. You will feel better after confessing your true feelings. You don't need to overthink the aftermath. Just do it for the both of you, and you shall see." Yoongi advises, and Jungkook doesn't know if he can follow his piece of advice but is determined to try sometime.