Take yourself home

Start from the beginning

He hears Yoongi sighing, most probably regretting he asked such a question. "Sorry. Jimin and Hoseok are here as well, and wanted to check up on the situation."

"Are you guys having occasional Jungkook centered gossip parties or something?" Jungkook frowns, making sure Yoongi would subconsciously feel it. There was no ill intent behind it though, Jungkook couldn't get into a fight with Yoongi even if he wanted to.

That man is too calm for his own good.

Yoongi just replies with a heartfelt laugh. "You know they care a lot about you, we just wanted to make sure you are ok. Jimin says you seemed a lot happier when you were with him, but well, yeah, it might be just an assumption."

It is an assumption.

Jungkook almost rolls his eyes at that.

Maybe Jimin is a specialist when it comes to relationships, after all, he had managed to get his hands on Yoongi and made their relationship work miraculously.

However, Jungkook is different from the people Jimin used to hang out with, and he hardly ever shares his true feelings with others. He finds himself difficult and admits that his relationship failed mostly because of him, but there is no regret left.

There weren't many moments in his life when Jungkook was sincere with his feelings and himself, and most of the ones that he remembers include Taehyung.

"Hi, Guk!" Jimin's voice is heard over the call, accompanied by a few muffles, indicating that he stole Yoongi's headphones. "We miss you, don't listen to Yoongi, I'm not that insistent, I just... if that guy wasn't it, then it's cool, we love you anyway."

"Thank you, Jimin, I appreciate your honesty, can I have Yoongi back, though? We are kinda in the middle of something." Jungkook just giggles. He loves Jimin but doesn't want to lose a ranked game.

"Sure baby boy." Jimin replies in a sassy tone, giving the headphones back to his boyfriend.

And Yoongi's voice is back. "Yeah, what was I saying?"

For a moment, Jungkook stops pressing the mouse buttons just to stare blankly at the screen. "I'm happy you two guys are together and well, but I'm fine like this, alright?"

"Uh, yeah, sure Jungkook, I'm not going to mention this to you anymore, sorry if it overstepped a line. It's just... Routine." Yoongi excuses himself and proceeds with a change of subject, to stop making Jungkook uncomfortable, which Jungkook appreciates.

"Yeah, makes sense."

Jungkook had been in a relationship for one year and a half with a barista he met near university during his four years of studies.

The guy was nice. At first, they got closer as friends, and over time, things have escalated into something more. It wasn't anything special about their relationship, but it was the distraction he needed.

After Taehyung stopped replying to his messages one day, something that Jungkook knew would happen eventually, he decided it was the time to move on.

He couldn't lie to himself, things between him and Taehyung became pretty bad in the long run. They had different schedules, different aspirations, and their friendship was becoming suffocating for both. Conversations were most of the time tense, expectations high on both ends even though neither of them knew what they actually expected.

Jungkook knew that one day Taehyung would put an end to whatever was going on between them. When that day came, it only left him with yet another bittersweet taste on his lips and less energy.