Chapter 2

The pic on the side is of Erin

I overslept. Ethan is already at school.

I go into the office for a pass.

"It's first lunch." She says.

Nodding, I walk out into the hallway.

I have on a white long sleeve shirt that is tucked into my navy blue shirt with birds on it. My hair is in a fishtail braid, and I have on short heels.

I walk into the lunchroom.

Ethan and Bri are eye raping each other.

I walk over to Ethan and drop my bag on the table.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I ask.

He shrugs.

"Are you nervous?" I ask.

"Yes, but-"

Suddenly, he grabs his binder and shields me with it. I hear a splattering sound.

The binder caught all of Braxton's spaghetti today.

Ethan gives me a look. He knows it's going to happen.

I slam my hands down on the table and stand up.

"Why the fuck do you hate me? Why can't you leave me alone? I took your sisters cookie in kindergarten. So what! We were best friends! You're a dick! You hate everything and everyone! You treat your sister horribly and you protect her way too much! She's in love with someone and she's too scared to fucking tell you because you're such an asshole! Your own parents are afraid of upsetting you! You hurt everyone and anyone you talk to! Why are you such an asshole?"

Braxton is dead silent, shocked.

In fact, everyone is dead silent, including teachers.

Normally people are laughing or whispering to their friends, but nobody's doing that.

Becase I'm right.

I'm right and he knows it.

Everyone is afraid of Braxton Shields because he's such a dick.

That's why people love our relationship. Because I don't put up with his bullshit.

"I don't-I don't know!" he stutters. "What the hell do you mean? Bri has a boyfriend?"

"She's had the same boyfriend since sixth grade." I say.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he demands

"See?" I say. "You're being a dick again! Why can't you be nice to people! You and everyone else know damn well why she didn't tell you. Because you're an asshole."

He pinches the bridge of his nose. "I don't mean to be."

"Well you are." I say. "You're the biggest douche in this school."

"That's douchie of you to say."

"It's true though." I say. "Why don't you just try being nice?"

He sighs. "How do you know she's dating someone? Is it the same guy since sixth grade?"

"Yes." I say.

"How would you-"

He looks at Ethan and realization settles in.

He takes a step towards him and I move in front of him.

"Why can't you be happy for them? Why are you so rude? I want to know! Why?"