Decisions made

Chapter 10

Decisions made

"Yes..." was all I can really answer to his unspoken question. I knew in that moment looking in his eyes, that even if there were people who would want to get in between us I wouldn't let them. I'm not sure where this trust came from but for some odd reason I just do. Is this what they say about taking a leap of faith? Because I am out of my comfort zone. It takes me days to openly talk to a person, months to tell them what my thoughts were and years to consider them a real friend. It would be obvious simply because Rissa is my only friend and I'm pretty sure if we drifted apart I would really feel the loss of that friendship.

Yet, here I am deciding to trust Drew in just a short time, not only that I am also agreeing to dating him. But there is something in his eyes, an unspoken promise that he would not break my trust, because doing so would also hurt him more than it would hurt me. Come to think of the whole story he mentioned last night, he did wait three years, three whole years of waiting and preparing. Plus the fact that he's older.

"You won't regret it I promise, I would literally treat you as my Queen." he said smiling. He then stood up, carried me and twirled me around muttering things like "you just made me the happiest person in the world" unfortunately I was too focus on my little happy dance inside my head to really make sure if he truly uttered those words.

"Drew" I said.

"Yeah" he said while looking at me with happiness clear in his eyes

How would I to put this, because there are still some aspects that I need to settle before we really start things. Okay so maybe I should have said this before I said yes. Oh well here goes nothing.

"I do have some conditions, if that's okay with you. I mean, I never really thought that I would be ever put into this kind of situation. I read about it but not live it and for the longest time I have found this plot too cliché. Guess I'm eating those thoughts up now huh? But really, I need some time to get used to things, can we please keep this secret for a while? You know just between the gang. I'm really not ready to face your world now so please give me at least until graduation to enjoy my anonymous status. Don't get me wrong I'm proud to tell people I'm dating you but the thing is, as you said there are some aspects I need to settle in my head first." I said in a really fast manner that I'm not sure if he even heard or understood what I said.

"You have to agree though, I just found out you're the freaking Crown Prince of some place that Jam has been talking about for days and now I'm dating you. I just need to find that normalcy first before we announce it to the world and such." I said this time in a slower manner.

He just looked at me and did not say anything, he just let me say my piece. He nodded his head and respected my decision.

"I respect your decision and we will keep this between us until your graduation but is there any possibility that I can introduce you to my parents sometime sooner than that time? I need to introduce you to them so they don't make an official statement that I'm engaged to Cat or anything crazy like that. Even through skype would be great." He pleaded and this was my turn to nod my head.

We then went back to the blanket and sat down, he was seated behind me and with his arms wrapped around my shoulders and neck as we looked into the ocean. I couldn't help but feel like I'm living some clichéd story plot made by someone with a weird name like Vanya, but what do I know right. I might as well enjoy the moment with my new boyfriend.

"Want to know something funny?" Drew asked.

I nodded and looked at him willing him to continue this 'funny' story he put out.