Falling From Ceilings

It had been ten minutes since Nova did her little orange magic thingy, and she were stil doing it.

Nova had moved around Wanda, and had made her sit down when Wanda was going through the walking nightmare. Nova had sat down with her and had tilted her head to bump against Wanda's, and then she closed her eyes and stopped that magic coming out of her hands. Vision had expected Wanda to come to, but she didn't. Their foreheads were touching, their eyes closed, and somehow Nova was still giving Wanda a walking nightmare without projecting the energy out of her hands.

Vision paced worriedly. He wasn't too fond of the child, no yet at least. He was mostly afraid of what she was showing Wanda. He loved her very dearly, and would make anyone who dare hurt her explode.

He chewed his thumbnail, or was it just his thumb? Did he have thumbnails? He chewed something on his thumb, pacing in front of the two girls in front of him. He didn't like how still they were. He didn't like that Wanda looked slightly sick. And was that-was that a tear rolling down her face? Why was she crying? Was she okay? What was Nova showing her?

Questions like this made r feel worse and worse. He didn't like this. Not at all.

He had almost had enough when he had to remind himself that Wanda had to know what she was doing. So he had to put all of his trust into her.

He paced some more, checked Wanda's pulse, and then left.

He could only stop his worries by distracting himself. So he went to where everyone else was.

The avengers were in a break room, all of them sitting down. They were casually just talking about Nova and what some of them were going to teach her. Their heads snapped towards where Vision was the second he entered the room.

"Vision? Is everything all right?" Thor asked. He had stopped being moody and hostile and had gone back to his happy go lucky attitude.

"Um, yes. Everything is fine. Wanda is still with the kid, but she has been taking awhile with the walking nightmares. So I am here to distract myself until they are finished."

Everyone stared and him.

"Where are they?"

Vision shuffled his feet and fumbled with his hands.

"Well, the thing is, um, I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I mean I don't know! We went so far into the ship I was barely even able to find all of you!"

The avengers all got up and walked straight past Vision, him and his amnesia ass.

They walked around quite a bit until Vision finally pointed at a room and said that that was it.

They all entered the room to find nothing, except for a huge hole in the wall that lead to another room. No one was in there.

"Vision." Tony turned to a confused looking Vision.

"They were just in here." He said. He looked towards the other room that was connected to the one they were in now, cutesy of Nova, and saw nothing. "They were just here."

Vision looked around confused. Had he heard a laugh? A giggle maybe? He heard a snort, that was for sure.

Suddenly, Nova and Wanda fell from the ceiling.

"OoOowwwWWw."

"I think I broke my hip." Wanda wheezed out.

The two girls lay on the ground, dead af. No cap.

Vision, Tony, and Steve stared down at them sadly, wondering where life went wrong for them.

Nova popped up and took a good look at everyone.

"I've learned and basically perfected everything that Wanda taught me in a day and I would like a break so I am going to leave and visit Greg goodbye." She said in a rushed sort of way, but the avengers all somehow understood what she was saying. They watched as she basically flew out of the room and they turned toward the dead looking Wanda.

"Wanda?" Vision steeped closer to her, and then he turned her over to look at her.

"WaNdA!" His voice came out strangled. All she had was a bloody nose.

———————————————————————

"Greg!"

Nova had skipped around the entire ship before remembering where Greg was and sprinting to his pool room. He was just floating in a peaceful turtle way.

He looked up at the sound of his name, and smiled happily at Nova. He made a little turtle noise and swam over to her.

Nova bent down on the pool ledge, leaning in order to get closer to Greg.

She grinned down at him and patted his head.

He chirped at her and she took off her shoes.

"What do you think about teaching me more lessons on swimming?"

Greg nodded, and Nova slowly slid herself into the pool. She floated as Greg instructed, and she closed her eyes as he tapped her forehead with his fin, and she opened her eyes again in a dark room. A pool was in front of her, and she ran into it with a laugh.

Nova took a deep breath, and waited for Greg's instructions.

She heard his turtle noises and and she did as she was told. Moving her arms like a carousel, kicking her legs and diving. Holding her breath for a while and sinking to the bottom for fun.

She swam and swam until Greg told her that that would be enough for the day.

Nova woke up again and was at the ledge of the pool. She pulled herself up and shook her whole body, trying to dry herself.

"Thank you Greg!" She waved goodbye to him as she left the room, grinning as he waved a fin at her.

Nova walked down the many hallways, until she reached her room. She dried herself off and changed clothes.

Flopping onto her bed, she let out a tired groan.

Snuggling deeper into the bed, she let herself fall asleep.