"I have to" I say, stepping down from the train.

"You can't. I need you. You're my best friend" Fred says, stopping just in front of me, taking big breaths.

"You have George. He's your best friend" I point out.

He places his hands on my upper arms and squeezes them gently.

"But it won't be the same without you" Fred says. I pull him into a hug and latch onto him, feeling tears swell up again.

"I don't wanna go. I don't wanna go. Please, Fred, I don't wanna go. This is my home" I say, burying my face into his chest.

"You won't" Fred says and kisses my forehead "I talked with Dumbledore and he talked to Snape. You're no longer expelled. You can stay here. With me" Fred says and I pull back, kissing his cheek.

"Thank you. Thank you so much" I say and kiss his cheek again "Oh, let's go" I say and grab Fred's hand, pulling him towards the boats.

"Wait" Fred says and I turn to him, stopping "Everyone knows. Everyone knows about the car and you getting expelled"

"So?" I ask.

"I don't know. Just... Be careful" Fred says.

"Wait, where's George?" I ask.

"Oh, he doesn't know I'm here" Fred says, scratching the back of his neck.

"Are you serious? He's probably got a search partly going around the castle looking for you" I say.

"Yeah, let's go" Fred says and drags me to the boats, both of us getting into one of them and riding it across the lake.

When it stops, I get out and Fred does the same, pulling me to the castle. We go up to Gryffindor tower and see George pacing back and forth just outside the common room.

"George" I call and he looks up at me, then smiles.

"Y/N" George calls and I run to him, hugging him tight "You! You left me! I thought we were going to get her back together!" George says angrily to Fred.

"Well, I just wanted to get to her as quickly as possible. And if I waited for you, she would've left" Fred points out.

"Fine. I'm just glad you didn't go" George says and hugs me again.

"I better get to my common room and see Pansy" I say and hug them both again, then run down to the dungeons.

I run to the Slytherin common room and quickly say last year's password, the door opening. I dash to the girl's dormitories and drop my stuff on my bed, Malekith jumping onto the bedside table.

"Y/N! I thought you left" Pansy says and gets up.

"I'm not leaving for a long time" I say and she hugs me.

I hug her back before sitting on my bed, unpacking my stuff.

~~~~~

It's now Herbology class and everyone is talking while we wait for professor Sprout to come in the class. I am talking to Neville when the door opens, professor Sprout coming in the classroom.

"Morning everyone" Sprout greets but everyone continues talking.

She hits a spoon on a plant pot to get everyone's attention.

"Good morning everyone"

"Good morning professor Sprout" everyone greets back.

"Welcome to greenhouse 3, 2nd years. Now gather 'round everyone" Sprout says and everyone steps up to the large table we were all standing around "Today we're going to re-pot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of a Mandrake root?" she asks as she grabs a pot and places it on the table. Hermione raises her hand "Yes, Miss Granger"

"Mandrake, or Mandragora, is used to return those who've been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it" Hermione says loudly and clearly.

"Excellent! 10 points to Gryffindor" Sprout says "Now, as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings, their crys won't kill you yet, but they could knock you out for several hours which is why I've given each of you a pair of earmuffs for auditory protection. So could you please put them on right away" Sprout says and everyone grabs their earmuffs, putting them on "Quickly. Flaps tight down and watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly. You pull it sharply up out of the pot"

The Mandrake starts crying and I cover my ears, feeling pain as the cry feels like it's burning them.

I drop to my knees and glue my hands to the earmuffs, trying not to scream in pain. I then see Neville drop next to me. I quickly look at Neville to see he's fainted. I pant heavily and move my hands from my ears, the cry getting muffled by something. I look over at Sprout and see the Mandrake in a pot covered in dirt.

"Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs" Sprout says and I lean on the table, breathing heavily.

"No Ma'am, he's just fainted" Seamus says.

"Yes, well... Just leave him there. Right, on we go. Plenty of pots to go around"

"Professor, something's wrong. My eyes feel like their bleeding and I can't take the cry. I can hear it through the earmuffs" I say, looking at Sprout.

"Oh, well, wait outside and I'll see you in a minute" Sprout says and I nod, taking off my earmuffs and going outside the classroom.

After hearing the cries, the door opens and quickly closes, Sprout taking off her earmuffs.

"What seems to be the problem?"

"My ears feel like they're going to fall off. I can't be in the room because the cries still get to my ears and they're really loud" I say.

"Well, go to the library and stay there for the lesson. Go straight to the library and say I sent you" Sprout says and goes back in the classroom, coming out a minute later "There's a note. Now best be on your way" she says and goes back in the greenhouse.

I leave and go around the school, not really wanting to go straight to the library.

As I'm going there, I see a classroom and look through a window, seeing Fred sitting by it and George sitting next to him. They look so bored.

I chuckle lightly and tap on the glass, waiting for them to look in my direction. They both see me and smile, then look forwards. They look back at me and open the window.

"What're you doing? Did you skip class?" George asks but I shake my head.

"I have to go to the library for the lesson. I'll explain later. How you guys holding up in there? You look dead" I say and they chuckle.

"We are in this boring class" Fred says and I see the teacher coming. I quickly duck.

"What seems to be the problem, Mr and Mr Weasley?" Professor McGonagall asks.

"Oh, we just thought we saw something but it was nothing" George says.

"Hmm. Well, better pay attention because you'll be having a quiz on this" McGonagall says and I hear her footsteps leaving, then she start speaking.

I stand back up.

"So, Great Hall at break, right?" I ask.

"Yeah, see you there" Fred says and I smile.

"See you guys" I say and wave at them before walking to the library.