8

~

~

Aiko felt cold hands touch the sides of her face and her vision went black. Her mind was foggy and she was in a sort of void. She walked around despite not seeing a floor. "Hello?" she called out only to be greeted by an echo. "Hellooo?"

"Hello," a small voice said, she recognized it as her own but something was different. It was colder and more hardened but still young. "You've kept me in here a while." Aiko turned around to see a sickly version of herself, about 8 years old. "I'm sure you have enough time for a little trip down memory lane, huh?"

Her vision went dark for the second time.

~

When Aiko opened her eyes she was greeted by the sight of a beautiful young woman tucking a young boy into bed. She gave him a goodnight kiss and turned off the lamp by his bedside. Once she turned around, she made her way over to the other side of the room and tucked the little girl in. Aiko narrowed her eyes hoping to see these people's faces, the room was familiar. The people were familiar. She couldn't put her finger on it. 

"I love you, baby girl," a sweet and calming voice whispered to the girl. 

The woman finally turned around and the realization hit Aiko. "Mom?" She recognized the woman from the picture she used to stare at for hours. The picture that she poured her heart out to whenever she was sad or lonely. Her mother moved about the room passing through her as if she wasn't there. She looked down at the sickly version of herself, "What are we doing here?" Venom dripped from her voice, unsuccessfully hiding the fear and sadness laced in her words. 

"You need to see. You need to remember," the voice pushed, the image of her sickly self slowly vanishing. Her attention now fully remained on the sight in front of her.

After tidying up for a good 10 minutes, the woman heard a slight knock on the door as it was opening. "You almost done, love?" Her dad. She looked at the sight longingly. Her father wrapped his arms around his beautiful wife, and watched as their two children slept peacefully.

"I just want to stay here a second," Kiyoko whispered, leaning into Haru.

"They're already sound asleep and it's getting late. If you want any sleep tonight we gotta get it now."

"Alright, alright. Let's go." The two walked out of the room and Aiko followed them. As they walked halfway down the hallway, they heard a loud thud come out of the kids' room. The concerned parents looked at one another and sprinted to the room. Aiko put two and two together, this must be the night. The night her family died. She would finally know. 

When they arrived in the room, they had their quirks ready to protect their kids. Haru had his forcefields up around his hands and there was blue energy surrounding Kiyoko. In the room, a large, burly man was standing above little Aiko's bed. He turned around with a menacing smirk, giving the parents a small smile, and put a finger up to his lips, "Shhh, she's sleeping." He slowly petted the young girl's soft brown hair.