7

~

~

"You called for me, Nezu?" Aizawa asked as he cautiously walked into the room. He noticed a woman sitting in the right chair in front of Nezu's desk. She had stark white hair and smooth, young skin. Her makeup was simple yet striking as she had rich, red lipstick on, and she was in an elegant white dress and an ornate brimmed hat. 

"Yes, I did. Please take a seat. Shota, this is Sumire Nakayama. She's come to extend her an offer to Aiko to intern with her." Nezu introduced. 

"Sumire Nakayama?" Aizawa was visibly confused as he remembered her name from a meeting before the Sports Festival. "I thought you said the woman was over 80 years old," he confirmed, looking at her. She didn't look 80 years old to him, she was at least in her late 20s to early 30s. 

"Why, thank you. I try to keep healthy, Eraser," she interjected. He looked to her, shocked. She had read his mind. "It's a facet of my quirk. See the future, read minds, and stay young," she chuckled with a carefree attitude.

Nezu cut in to explain, "She ages slowly as a result of her quirk. Her lifespan is significantly longer than an average person's."

"Enough of that, I wish to speak with you privately," Sumire stood up and looked to Eraser. She walked into the conference room and the principal urged him to follow.

When they had settled down in their seats, the two stared at each other. She took of the hat and ran hand through her hair. Both were assessing the person in front of them methodically. The first to break the silence was Shota, "Why did you need to speak with me?"

"As Nezu said, I'm extending an offer to your daughter. She's caught my interest."

"Why is that?" he challenged, analyzing the woman and her airy disposition. 

Her face turned a bit serious as she picked up on the growing suspicion from the man in front of her. "I'm a lot older than I look, Mr. Aizawa. Older than 80 even. I've lived a long time. Before 80% of the population started to develop quirks."

He hadn't let up his guard yet. If this woman was lying about her age to Nezu and the Hero Community, why should he trust her, "Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm not lying to Nezu by the way. He and the higher-ups within the Hero Network know, which is why I'm telling you. I need you to know this, so shut up and listen up," she quieted him down. "I need you to know why I'm extending an offer to her." He sat up, letting himself relax a bit, but still at attention. 

"As I said, I've lived a long time. Before quirks were common, only a small handful of people had quirks. Back then women with quirks were called witches. Now, some with more unattractive quirks would be persecuted and called devils. In hopes of protecting ourselves, we developed covens. They were secret societies where we could practice with our quirks in order to not hurt others and better conceal, or hone, our powers. My mother was the coven's leader. She had a much more powerful version of my quirk. We called her the Oracle. Instead of having her visions only when she was asleep, however, she would have her visions wherever. And it was obvious too. Her eyes would cloud into a grey white and she would have this blank look on her face."