6

~

~

The students of UA had a week of rest before their normal classes started up again. In the days after the Sports Festival, Aiko was still recovering. The first two days saw Aizawa at her bedside, worrying about the girl he saw as his daughter. Yamada and Nemuri tried to get him to leave, take shifts watching the girl but he refused. To his surprise, Bakugou came to visit her in the hospital for as long as she was there. The two never exchanged words or bothered to explain what the other was doing there. They just sat in silence, quietly hoping for the girl to get better soon. 

Finally, on the fourth day in the hospital, her fever had broken and she had woken up from her comatose state. Just like last time, however, she didn't remember her fight with Bakugou ending at all. The doctor had asked her to recall the events that had caused her to lose consciousness, "The last thing I remember was waiting for Bakugou to attack when we were circling each other." 

She doesn't remember? Aizawa thought to himself, whatever happened must've been similar to what happened in the Hex, that day. It's best to leave it alone for now. Her body can't handle another episode like that. "That's alright, Bakugou must've gotten you pretty good with that explosion to the face," he feigned. God, I hate lying to her.

"Oh, I guess so. Man, I wish I had won. Maybe it was still enough for the school to consider me for the Hero Track, right?"

"I think so, kiddo," he smiled internally. She still had no idea about the media coverage she got after the festival. 

"Well, our check-up is done. The coma didn't present any permanent brain damage, so the amnesia may just be a trauma response. I'll send the results and paperwork to your therapist on file. This may have to be talked about in your next session," the doctor turned to look at Aizawa," She's in perfect condition despite the high fever she experienced the last couple of days. Our overnight observation came up clear so she's free to go whenever you are ready. Just make sure you sign out at the front desk. She's also clear to go to school if she'd like but I would recommend at least a full day of bed rest once she's home. That's all."

The father-daughter duo had gathered their things and, although Aiko was fine, Aizawa insisted she was wheeled to the car. The two sat in silence as they drove to the Faculty Dorms. Once they had arrived, they settled in the common room for a second before heading upstairs to their rooms, "So... You called me dad the other day at the Sports Festival."

"Huh? Jeez, I thought you would've forgotten about that!" she pouted, slightly embarrassed.

"You can call me dad if you want to, Sunshine. Only if you let me brag about my heroic daughter. I've had the adoption papers in my room since our first Friday Night Dinner Dates."

"Are you serious?" she exclaimed, "you actually have adoption papers!"

"I do, Sunshine. I thought I would ask since you gave me quite a scare there. You don't have to change your last name, of course. I know how much your family still means to you, but I just thought you might want to make it official."