3

~

~

School was a bit lonely for Aiko that day, she was getting nowhere with Shinsou and it seemed like Class 1-A was taking a little field trip for training, so she couldn't have her usual lunch with Aizawa. She kept looking for him in the halls but was quickly disappointed remembering he was out for the day for special training. Even so, she continued with her day. At some point during class, she felt the sinking feeling in her stomach from the night before came back. As time went on, it was getting increasingly worse; to the point where she had to tell Principal Nezu. She left class and walked into his office without warning, as usual, and saw him there with All Might. "Oh, I'm so sorry. Am I interrupting anything?"

"No, no, I was just having a friendly talk with Principal Nezu over here. He was just about to pour us some tea," he noted, eyes pleading for help, "You can proceed, Young Nako."

"Ummm... Uncle Nezu, you mentioned something about how I had a heightened sensitivity to disturbances and whatnot, right?"

"Yes, I did, Aiko."

"Well, I have a really bad feeling about what's going on at the field trip Class 1-A is on. I can feel it in my bones, Uncle Nezu." All Might and Nezu looked at one another. 

"I think I should get going, Nezu. Young Nako, I am headed there right now. I was supposed to be one of the instructors on the trip anyway. I promise I will tell if something is wrong, deal?" he held out his pink for a pinky promise.

Her smaller pinky wrapped around his outstretched one, "Deal."

~

Something was wrong. At the end of the day, when she had already settled in for the night, she received a call from the hospital that her legal guardian, Shota Aizawa, was in critical condition in their ICU. Aiko ran out of her room immediately, not bothering to change out of her pajamas. The brunette hopped on the nearest bus and made her way to the hospital, trying to stay strong and keep her tears in the whole way there focusing on not activating her quirk.

She bolted through the hospital doors, making it to the front desk, "I'm here to see Shota Aizaw."

The nurse looked up sympathetically, "Are you one of his students? I'm afraid we're only taking family at the moment."

"No, no, no. He's my dad. I received the call not even twenty minutes ago." Once they told her the room he had been transferred to and cleared her to enter, she bolted down the halls looking for his room. 1278, this was it. 

She calmed her breathing down and slowly entered the room. There he was, her father figure. A gasp left her as she saw the sorry state he was in, the only thing keeping Aiko grounded in reality was the monitors hooked up to him assuring her that his heart was still beating. He was covered in what seemed like millions of wires and bandages, she couldn't tell where they stopped and Aizawa started. She walked to his bedside not caring that anyone else was in the room, knees giving in when she got near. Seeing him so broken, she finally broke down. Tears streamed down her face as she looked at her father figure.