"You know, I was just helping some really nice girls with their flowers. They were very sweet, I was drifting through the town you see, and they were there too. I saw them picking some blue and yellow flowers from a garden bed on a windowsill and I told them that they were my favourite colours. I love blue and yellow! They told me they were picking the flowers for the people in the hospital. They were so delightful I had to help them and they were so kind too! And-"

"Wilbur, how are you alive?" I cut off his ramblings. Wilbur furrows his brows and looks at me confused. 
"I'm not Wilbur, I'm Ghostbur! And I'm not really alive, although, I'm not quite sure how I'm here either Mr President," He says. 

"So you're a ghost then?" I clarify. He nods. 
"So Ghostbur and Wilbur are different?" I ask. He nods. 
"Do you have any of Wilbur's memories?" I ask. Ghostbur seems completely different to Wilbur. So much happier and lighter and incredibly polite. Everything Wilbur wasn't when he died. 

"Well of course! Yes! They're all really wonderful but I'm a little confused... You see... My memories are really good but the stories the townspeople have told me are very confusing. A lot of people also yell at me, which is very scary..." Ghostbur moves back a little and bows his head. Wilbur would never have been this vulnerable, ever. 

"Quackity, I would like to ask that you add this to today's records and return to your work. Can you please notify Fundy? Also, tell Fundy to tell Niki. Make sure that they get the whole story, not a word of bias or lie." I looked back at Quackity. His eyes were wide, millions of emotions and thoughts swirling beneath the surface. Eventually, he pulled himself together and dashed off towards the office.  

"Ghostbur, let's have a walk. Do you know what Wilbur did?" I ask and start walking towards the office again. Ghostbur followed not far behind. 

"See, I-I don't know what Wilbur did but everyone's told me that Wilbur was a bad guy," Ghostbur explains. We walk into the government building and start heading up the stairs to the top floor. 
"No, you weren't a bad guy. In your life, you definitely did more good than wrong. But you're missing a couple of key facts. Would you like me to explain to you the facts or are you fine with not knowing?" I ask trying to reassure the ghost. He was the opposite of Wilbur to be sure, he was vulnerable and sweet. It made me feel sympathetic towards him.  We stand and look out an open window looking out over the town square. 

"I think I've heard some of them. I apparently blew all of this up but I don't remember that."
"Yeah, that did happen but that's not the major plot point you appear to have forgotten."
"Tell me one and then we'll see how I like it and then if I like it tell me the others," Ghostbur says and starts floating back down the stairs. 

"You remember the election right?" I ask. 
"Yeah, I remember,"
"So you got forty-five per cent of the popular vote as Pog 2020,"
"Yes yes, and then we won," Ghostbur states simply and floats out the door again down to the town square. I huff and skip after him to keep up. We walk towards the square but Ghostbur leads me around the back of the government buildings to a small shack overlooking L'Manburg. 

"See, that's where the story strays from the truth a little bit. Actually, the coalition government of Swag 2020 and-"
"I-eh-ah I changed my mind I don't want to hear this anymore," Ghostbur rounds the corner and goes into the shack. 
"I'm just going to hide in my shed," Ghostbur says. 
"This is yours?"
"Yeah I live in here, it's very small but cosy," I notice something rather peculiar about the shed. 
"Uh, Ghostbur do you want me to ask for materials for a roof for your shed?" I look up at where the roof should be. Ghostbur floats back out through the door without anything to open it. 

"No no that's perfectly fine, see, I helped to build some of the houses and I built them all with the idea that they'd all kind of look similar. But today I've seen a couple of buildings that don't look very similar and I think it looks bad. I know that Quackity designed them and I-I-I love Big Q, he seems like a lovely guy and I remember him being alongside us for a while but I don't like what he's done and I think it looks a bit shit..." Ghostbur trails off shyly making me laugh a little. I don't remember the last time I laughed.