9: the surprise

It was a push and pull game. Hyunjin was losing.

━━

When Hyunjin said that Felix was the crazy one, he wasn't lying at all.

Hyunjin hurriedly dried his hair using a flimsy towel as he walked through the dark hallway just to be greeted by Felix in his most casual clothes. Hyunjin himself was wearing nothing grand in particular, but seeing Felix inside his room made him feel so much excitement that he couldn't help but to yelp happily.

"Princess!"

Felix immediately shot his eyes in his direction and scanned his body from top to bottom. With a click of his tongue, Felix backed away to the couch on the other side of the room, opposite to the bed, and opened his mouth only to say nothing.

Hyunjin chuckled.

"How can I serve you, my princess?"

In that remark, Felix seemed to not mind being called a princess anymore. Hyunjin knew it. He saw the way Felix's face would light up every time Hyunjin paid him attention. He saw the way Felix's eyes would subconsciously dart over to where he is, and despite being in talks with the two leaders for how they are going to prepare for the battle, Hyunjin would also find himself longing for Felix's eyes.

Felix bit his lip.

The darkness in the room didn't help either Hyunjin and Felix to be able to catch proper glimpses of each other, but the mere light coming from a lamp situated beside Hyunjin's bed was enough to give them an idea of which game they were about to play. It's like a tug of push and pull. While Hyunjin keeps on pulling Felix, Felix would push him, and while Felix tries to pull him, Hyunjin was always expected to push Felix away.

It's their game.

It's how they play.

"Minho-hyung talked to me." Felix mumbled in a very soft voice, Hyunjin might've not heard that if only he wasn't paying so much attention to Felix.

"What about it?"

Hyunjin hung the small towel on his shoulders and slowly approached Felix who was still. It almost looked like Felix was waiting for him to walk to him and hold him—almost. Hyunjin took that chance to roam his eyes and study the slight distress on Felix's face. With his bitten lip, staggering breath, creased brows and fluttering lids, something told Hyunjin that Felix wasn't feeling any better.

Hyunjin let his hand touch the area of his neck where his wound seemingly closed enough to cause him no pain upon each touch.

"He said you like me." Felix's voice was shaking and his eyes were visibly staggering from Hyunjin and to the most uninteresting thing to the other corner of the room.

"I call you mine, how can I not like you?" He replied nonchalantly.

The thing about being with Felix is that Hyunjin seems to fall under this trap where Felix holds him and washes away the faux character he curated for himself. There is this trap where Felix can simply do nothing, breathe probably, and dance his fingers on his palms, and knew that Hyunjin would follow him like he didn't have any accord of his own. Felix has this trap for him, and Hyunjin willingly lets himself be captured in it.