Chapter 18

—Korra's Pov—

She left me alone in the bathroom. Right before we kissed, twice. 'Why does this keep happening?!' I thought with a groan of frustration. I can't tell what this girl wants from me, all I know is school is going to be awkward again.

"So, what the fuck are you still doing here?" Ghazan stood on the door way of the bathroom. "You should get going if you want to beat her over there. We still need that money" he told me

"What the fuck is wrong with you? How many times does dad tell you to stop putting your personal shit in the get away cars" I said still mad I went through... things I didn't want to go through

"Hey It's fine, I have a medical card that allows me to have that, on your court day we know what to say, in the mean time your father's contacting our lawyer" he said as he crunched on chips "now hurry up and get the money, and on your way back can you pick up the Sushi I ordered, it's under Sasaki, and if you take your car make sure you park far enough"

"Fine" I rolled my eyes I didn't have the time to heal my busted lip or bruised cheekbone.

"Nice lipstick by the way" he chuckled making me flustered, "S-shut up!" I said slamming the door.

I looked at the mirror finding my lips light red, just the thought of her lips on mine was too much. I grabbed one of my mom's makeup wipes to clean it off and quickly left the bathroom towards the front door. "I'll be back" I said to my mother

"Hurry back and be safe Oreo" my mother shouted my way as I left through the door 'Oreo?' I scrunched my eyebrows realizing what she called me, I just shrugged it off and kept walking.

Thank spirits Opal's a slow driver. I was able to beat her to Asami's house. The balcony door was left open so I was able to use my water arm to pull me up, I walked in finding a office the reeked of whiskey and scotch and even cigars.

As I walked through the office I noticed broken bottles and books everywhere, it was a mess. But maybe I can find something good to bring back to my dad... what am I saying, I can't take from Asami... well I already am but not more stuff

I walked out the office and started heading towards the stairs. As I did I heard whistling coming around the corner. I quickly shoved myself in a random room but I guess I was too loud "Miss Sato?" I heard a guy's voice on the other side of the door as he knocked gently. Then I heard him sigh "it's alright if you don't want to talk, you don't need to worry, things will get better" he said in a gentle voice, he sounded worried. I didn't know what he meant by that "anyways, I'll be taking my leave, Goodnight" I heard his footsteps fade as he walked away.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, I felt hot so I lifted my mask to take in the cool air. When I lifted it I was able to see the room more clear, sure it was dark but I was still able to see a bit with the moon shining through the window. I noticed something shining from the corner of my eye, I walked towards it in curiosity, it was a whole bunch of broken glass pieces on the floor, I looked over to the side finding a picture frame. I grabbed it but it fell apart with a picture flying out of it towards the bed. I grabbed it flipping it over, it was a picture of a man and a little girl with raven hair on his shoulders, she looked about 6. I'm guessing it was Asami and her father.

I set it down on the dresser finding another picture frame but this one was intact. It was little Asami and her mother. She looks so much like her, even the smile is identical. I sighed putting it down.