Chapter 3

-no pov-

"So how'd you do it" Bolin was trying to make conversation with Korra. She looked up at him confused. "You know, still manage to win with all the weaker kids" he chuckled nervously.

Korra being...well Korra she looked back down at her text book. Opal and Bolin made eye contact and just shrugged. "You should've lost in my opinion" Opal said

"Why you say that?" Asami asked Opal.

"Our team had the strongest people" Opal shrugged "It's the same thing every time, Korra always wins dodge ball, but we don't know how, no matter how many people we have she'll win and she doesn't even do anything till last minute"

"It isn't about strength it's about strategy" Korra simply said still looking down at her text book, she didn't even know it came out of her mouth until she realized she was being stared at by the 3, she looked up to meet their gaze, they wanted her to continue but Korra rather not.

"Oh come on, you just about to tell us you're secret" Bolin said begging for an answer

Korra let out a sigh hoping that if she told Bolin he'll shut up. "Behind any game there's strategy, in dodgeball, you 'stronger' people were running around like chickens without a head, all you guys cared about was attack power and forgot about the defense part"

"There's defense in dodgeball?" Bolin asked generally confused

"Catching a ball a opponent threw is defense" Opal slapped her forehead "anyways, how come when it came down to Asami and Wu you didn't want to pick?" Opal looks back at Korra

"I've played with Wu on my team, he makes a great decoy" Korra shrugged "with Asami I've never seen her play so I didn't know if I should safely choose a decoy or risk it hoping to get another attacker or defender"

"Decoy?" Bolin asked again

"I had them mocking you so your people would want to focus on them than the others" Korra quickly answered

"After seeing Asami playing what do you think?" Opal asked "would you want her on your team?"

Korra looked over to Asami and back at Opal "well for one she dodge all of my teammates' attacks, so I was thinking decoy but then I saw every ball she caught so then I thought a defender would be nice. Her attack power isn't as effective, they're easy to catch but when she throws two a time it can drain someone out" Korra looked back down at her text book "i wouldn't mind having her on my team, she just needs to get use to the game, you can tell she never played"

"Yeah she was home schooled" Bolin pointed out

Korra looked at Asami and raised a eyebrow "you were home schooled? Yikes"

"Well that's what happens when your father wants to be a multi millionaire" Asami rolled her eyes "he did it to protect me but it was basically imprisonment"

Opal, Bolin and Asami were surprised Korra was actually communicating, even if it was only five words and didn't smile once but still, this was a record with everyone who tried talking to Korra.

Korra didn't even know what happen, they went from talking about dodgeball to Asami being home schooled to future plans.

The bell rang ending school, the 4 packed their stuff to head out. Korra was the first to leave. "Hey Asami you need a ride?" Bolin asked as he wrapped his arm around Opal's shoulders.

"No I actually have one, thanks though" Asami said waving them bye as she left the room, she went to her locker to grab her sweater and headed out the building only to find it raining. She spotted her 'escort' across the street, he waited outside the car with an umbrella and a suit. Asami pulled out her umbrella and started walking towards her ride. In the corner of her eye she saw Korra walking home with a hoodie over her head and no umbrella. "Need a ride Korra?" She made the girl turn around.