XXVIII

"It's been exactly 3days since his body was found but we haven't been able to reach either you or your husband but with recent evidence we decided to come by".

I raise my eyebrows "Then why didn't you come by then, why now?"

The head security comes forward "Sorry but we have to take him with us, it's not a request, it's an order"

I felt like holding and begging him at his feet.
I don't know why they need to take him or what he did wrong, hell I'm not even sure how I feel at the moment but I didn't want them to take him away. I can't say it's because I've developed feelings because that'd be a lie but I always feel safe around him, always and I trust him.

Amjad stood there looking as cool as a cucumber, with no trace of worry, anger or even sadness evident on his face.

"Okay then let me comfort my wife, she just lost a dear friend" he turns to me and pulls me by the side before he leans in closer to whisper "They would want to take somethings later on. Check my underwear drawer and you'll find our phones, hide them. You can use them because they're encrypted. If you check your nightstand, you'll find two other phones, one with the blue and the other with teal, your favorite color if they ask for our phones give those to them and don't tell anyone about the hidden ones. Don't follow me, call the first number you see in my call log" he pulls away "I'll be back baby" he hugs me.

I was taken aback by the 'baby' part but I'm sure there's something behind it.

He winks and walks out.
They take him away.
"Will he be okay?" I ask Hafiz who was still standing there.

He shakes his head "I don't know, I was just asked to get him personally" he huffs "I really didn't want to be the one to do this but just calm down, things will be resolved soon". He smiles and walks away.

Damn! I still love him!

::

Immediately I went upstairs I got the phones out and switch on the phone.
The first number in his call log is someone named Rayyan so I call immediately.

Yo! Amjad!

It's not Amjad, it's his wife.

So they really took him.
The guy says sounding so amused, like he was expecting it.

What?

Don't mind that. Get those counterfeit phones. Put the one with the blue phone case under his pillow and the pink...just plug it in your room, like it's charging.

Okay.

Good. Hide the real ones...Check under Amjad's bed, you'll see red box, get it now.

I run inside his room and hurriedly got out the box and immediately gasp.

Lingerie?

I know. Open it and put both phones under the item in the box. Close it and put it in your closet. Hurry.

Running, I did as I was told.

It's inside.

They'll be there any second, be a wife in distress and put this phone in the box right now too.
He ends the call.

I quickly put it in the box as well and got back to my room.

I just burst out crying, heavily.
Najib is dead?
How can he be dead?

First Masoud and now Najib?
Are we some kind of targets?
What do we even have to offer.

::

Just like Rayyan said, some people came and took all our devices.
I realized that everything that belongs to Amjad apart from his phone are all new. They're all in a box unused, his laptop, desktop, Ipad and even smart watch are all in their original boxes not even touched.

Now I can't help but wonder what he's up to. He knew all this would happen, he seemed so prepared and unbothered.

Am I helping the enemy?

Someone knocks on the door and I quickly open it.
A dark skinned, muscular guy was standing outside.

"Huda, sweetheart. It's Rayyan"
"Oh" I open the door widely so he can come in.

We were seated in the living room.
"So what's all this about? How did you know?"

He shakes his head now looking so serious and highly intimidating "We didn't, we just suspected it"

"Does it have to do with Najib's death?"
He nods "I see you've been crying as well".

"How can you just predict someone's death?" I ask suspiciously.
"Not his death but that they'd try to make a move against you"

"Me?"
"Well you and your husband"

I nod "What do I do? I can't just sit and do nothing, what if they're torturing him right now?"
He chuckles "They wouldn't even dare, I doubt even the Emperor knows about it".

"Wait? Are you saying they secretly took him? The ones trying to ruin us? Is Hafiz part of them?"

He smiles "One at a time sweetheart" then the smile vanishes into thin air "Well I doubt Hafiz has anything to do with it but they're taking advantage of him, probably showing him that Amjad is a suspect and probably using the fact that he likes you"

"How?"
"He's probably thinking Amjad is using you but you need to go see Alhaji Hammad immediately the sun rises".

"Okay".

::

My father in law was beaming with smile since I walked in, it's like he still hasn't noticed the frown on my face.

He sits across me "I know I seem somewhat weird for smiling when you look that way but I've always wanted to see the day my Amjad's wife will come to see me. Since he lost his mother, sisters and brother he seems to care very little about himself and having relationships with people, whether romantic or friendly relationships".

I smile "He is odd"
He chuckles "He is so please try and be patient with him, he has a hard shell but he's sweet and also very caring underneath"

I nod.
Not that I'm agreeing but the man seems to love his son so much I can't burst his bubble by saying it's just an arranged marriage, don't get me wrong I do care about him but I don't love him.

"So what brings you by?"
"They took him, last night"

He huffs not even slightly surprised "Amjad! That stupid boy has to make a scene just to prove a point"

He sighs.
"Are you okay with what you're wearing?"

I nod.
"Let me get into my formal attire, I'll be right out"

"Okay".

::