Chapter 22- Adjusting

LILLY'S P.O.V

Adjusting to Brittney hasn't been easy, it was hard actually, everything we did as a family, watch TV, eat together, going to the park, we had to do it with Brittney. Mia took an interest in her, she looked like she actually wanted to be her friend, but quickly disappeared.

Never knew why, I tried talking to Mia about it, but she will just avoid it, my daughter is a really smart kid for her age and I know Brittney might have told her something, but I just don't want to ask, I'm afraid of the answers.

The good thing is that Max doesn't come late anymore, might be because he doesn't have to check on Brittney anymore. We both try to have time alone but there's always something that interrupts us, yes, you guessed right, its Brittney is the one who interrupts us. She comes at the best moments to ruin it. I know I told Max that we'll work it out but its getting a little frustrating. But I know I can deal with it, I have to believe it.

My family, Kelly, Cole, Liam, and Josh - and Brittney were seated in the dining room about to eat, Máx's parents are not here because they're in some kind of vacation so I'm Free of Lorraine luckly. The reason of this dinner to tell them the news - Brittney is pregnant! Note the sarcasm.

There was a lot of people talking, Brittney being one of them, but me, I was just sitting there trying to get ready to tell them the news.

Max will probably end up with like 4 bruises, one from Liam, another one from Josh, Amanda and probably one from Kelly, and maybe one from me too.

This will be news to everyone here except for me, Max and Brittney. I never told Kelly about it seen that me and Max had been planning this dinner, I don't know why I never told Mia about the baby, she will be so happy to have a brother or a sister and maybe, I once thought that Max and I will give her one, but first will be Brittney who will give her one.

''Hey, why are you so quiet today?'' I glance to see Kelly looking down at me. She sat in one of the chairs next to me and stared at me waiting for me .

''Um... nothing... I'm on my period... I get um... all moody and stuff'' I lied. What a stupid lie Lilly. And apparently Kelly thought so too because she just stared at me like I was crazy. Kelly was dresses in blue pants and a white T-shirt with converse. She was simple and I really liked that about her,

''Sure...'' she said frowning

''Dinner will be served now, sit down'' Max said luckily saving me from this awkward conversation.

They all sat down, Max at the head of the table, with Mia next to him and me also next to him on his other side. Kelly sat next to me and Cole next to her with Liam next to Cole. Brittney sat next to Mia with Josh and Amanda following.

Josh and Amanda said 'I love you' to each other and now are moving in together, I am really happy for both of them.

Dinner was served and all of us started eating, well everyone but me... I was really nervous. I looked at Max at the same he looked at me, I smiled at him showing him that I was okay and he could tell them the news whenever he was ready.

After everyone finished eating Max stood up and so did I knowing that it was time.

''Everyone, I need to tell you some news'' Max started saying

''Brittneyispregnantandthebabyismine'' Max said really quickly

''Uh?'' Everyone said in unison

''Brittney is pregnant and the baby is Max's'' I said calmly

''WHAT?'' Everyone said in unison once again but now this time they were socked.

''You fucked it up again didn't you?'' Liam said glaring at Max