.....With Mangoes and Monkeys

Stars are dead , yet manage to light up the enitire sky. Then, why can't you light up one life ?
- Shipra Pandey
________________________

I love all the people I know . Some I love to be with , many I love to avoid and few I would love to smack in the face.

But there's this dummy called Reece who manages to be all of the above categories.

"I love love love mangoes.... Summers are the best." Reece said , digging in his food.

"Well... Considering that you're a monkey shouldn't you like bananas more . " I said .

"Hey ! ", he protested ," Its not necessary that all monkeys have to eat bananas only. Then can like mangoes too....."

Me and Lizzie burst into a fit of giggles .

"Reece , did you just admit you are monkey ?" Lizzie managed in between her laughs . "You were literally protesting about it ."

"No. I was just speaking in interest of the poor prior monkeys who likes mangoes. Just because they can't communicate it doesn't mean you will judge them and their choices ." Reece said exasperatingly as if explaining a tragic part in a play.

"Man.... You're so nice to your brothers . I wish all humans had this spirit of fraternity too ." I said mockingly.

"I AM a human.We all were monkeys but then we evolved . Remember that concept ?" Reece asked.

"Well then ,you are a proof that evolution CAN go reverse." I mentally patted myself at my witty comeback. I swear I'd die the day sarcasm is banned in the world

"Okay Ciara , Reece over with this. If you really want to fight on pointless issues then get your world record registered. " Lizzie interrupted.

"Whoa Lizzie you're a genius. Ciara imagine, we could just be on fire . I mean , we'll be so famous after getting the "World Record For The Longest Argument On The Most Pointless Of Issues. " Reece visualised his appealing idea which didn't seem very appealing to me .

"I would prefer a world record for 'Eating all the tastiest things in the world' That would be so nice. " I said.

"Seriously dude." Reece continued with his rotten expression,"When are you going to get over food , I want Action , thrill -"

"- And a kick on your ass. Adventurous enough , isn't it ? " I stuck out my tongue at him.

"You people wanna die today ?" Lizzie reminded us about our close chances of getting gruesomely murdered by her if we didn't shut up.

"Ciara will go first !" Reece cheered .

"What ?" I frowned.

"Yeah , Ladies first. Don't you know. Lizzie kill her first. " The idiot tacted.

"Okay Lizzie ask me what I want before I die." I said.

Lizzie raised the ruler in her hand at my neck just as if she had defeated me in a swordfight and said , "Any suggestions on your death ,my friend?"

"Just make it quick ,that's all." The spirit of a brave soldier who was ready to sacrifice her life for the sake of her people and nation  was now totally into me.

Lizzie did a fake slashing sound and moved the ruler in the air .

"One down. Now tell me , how would you like to die ?" Lizzie asked Reece.