Elias 6.8

The prince stopped on his steps when they were a little further away from Athanasia and he turned to face Felix. No matter how many times he thought about it, Claude wouldn't call him at this time of day since he wanted to finish on the workload of the day to join the prince when it was time to turn in for the night.

"What's the real reason Felix?"

Elias noticed the slight twitch on the redhead knight's hand but he immediately kneeled in front of the prince. One could obviously see how tenseFelix was for being caught lying as cold sweat was sliding down his temple.

"My apologies, your highness. I shall receive any punishment you deem fit."

Shaking his head, Elias responded a bit confused.

"I won't give you any punishment and it's not an apology that I want from you. I want to know why you lied about dad calling me?"

The redhead knight pursed his lips as he kept on kneeling. Seeing this, Elias knew that he wouldn't get an answer from Felix and although it did frustrate him, the prince felt like it was best not to ask any further.

"Feli--"

"Your highness."

A familiar voice cut in as Elias tried to tell Felix that it was okay to stand.

"Lucas."

The raven haired magician made his way towards them and without holding back, the raven wrapped an arm around Elias. Felix sharply narrowed his eyes.

"Magician, it's very improper to hang your arms around his highness."

"His royal highness does not mind."

Lucas glanced at Elias for confirmation.

"Yes, I do not mind."

Felix did not back down as he glared at Lucas who returned it with just as much vigor.

"Even so, it is not appropriate."

"The prince said it's fine. You're just jealous that you don't have the privilege to touch his highness."

The situation was not getting any prettier so Elias decided the best course of plans.

"Daaaad~"

Unhooking the raven's arm, Elias twirled around and made his way to his father's office. It was quite a delight it was not so far away. So when he saw the door, he opened it without much hesitation.

"Dad, do you have a second?"

Elias asked innocently.

"I'll give you my lifetime."

Claude responded nonchalantly as he signed on some document. He didn't have to look up to know that Elias was flushed.

"So, what brought you here?"

"Oh, you know... fate?"

Claude deadpanned as he looked at his snickering son. Really, his son never seemed to grow up only when they were alone. When the time required it, Elias could be very mature for his age but Claude felt like he preferred a carefree Elias.

"Now, I do have a question. When are we having Athanasia's engagement ball?"

Athanasia did not have a birthday ball. The princess herself wanted to celebrate her birthdays with people who would actually celebrate with her. Elias and Claude understood where she was coming from. Claude was tired of dealing with two faced nobles who still wanted to push a lady beside him. Of course, Elias would get in the way.

"On her fourteenth birthday. We will announce it on her debutante."

Elias nodded in satisfaction.

"That way the nobles won't have any slimy thoughts about pushing their disgusting creation on her."

That's right. Elias wouldn't allow anyone to marry their sister to accomplish their greed or to look down on her. Lykos was more than adequate to Athanasia's partner. Not only did his friend treat her gently, he also had social and political power.

Elias was looking forward to Athanasia's debutante.