Chapter 26:

A S P E N    W I L S O N
»»————-  ————-««

Saint was a cuddler. A persistent one at that.

I try to move away quietly, but he tugs me back, mumbling something incoherent as he pushed his face deeper into my neck. I lay still, trying not to move as his lips brushed against a sensitive part. After a while and little to no motion from Saint, I try to move away once again.

And fail miserably.

He yanks me back, protesting in a low whine as I blow out a breath. This man was clingy. I've been trying since forever when I woke up to get him to let go of me, but he simply refused to do so.

"Hey." I whisper, poking at his arm that had tightened around my abdomen. "You gotta let go."

He doesn't respond and the sound of his soft snores that follow make me groan. I guess we were doing this the hard way. Sighing, I carefully put my two hands under his arm that was holding me to him and lift it up, off my body.

Holding it, I slowly wiggle across the bed until my feet touch carpet. I don't know how long it takes to get away from him, but I make it.

Smiling victoriously, I grab the pillow I was sleeping on and push it up against Saint, then drop his arm gently on it. I watch as he whines again before cuddling with the pillow, a small smile on his face as he got all warm and cozy with it.

He's definitely clingy.

I place a hand over my mouth to keep from cackling at the sight and waking him up. I tiptoe across his room and slowly open the door, letting out a deep breath when I'm out of his room.

The smell of vanilla seemed to be all over me and seeming to be more prominent than any other aroma, so when I get downstairs and smell the food, I'm relieved it's not all about Saint anymore.

I find myself following the smell and locating Mrs. Black in the kitchen, standing above the stove with a spatula in her hand.

"Ohh, they don't know about the things they do, they don't know about the I love youuuus!" Mrs. Black sings heartily, bringing a smile to my face as a wave of childhood nostalgia hits me. "But I bet you if they only knew, they would just be jealous of us!"

I love this song.

"They don't know about the up all nights, they don't know I've waited all my lifeeee!" I join her and she spins around with a shocked look on her face.

I just wink and continue singing, dancing my way into the kitchen to stand by her. Mrs. Black's earlier expression dies down and then with a toothy grin, we sing the chorus of the song together.

And that's all it takes for me to jerk wide awake; singing One Direction songs in the kitchen with Mrs. Black as I helped her cook breakfast.

"I think I love you even more now that I know you're a fan of One Direction." Mrs. Black smiles at me as I flip a pancake over.

"Me and my sister, we were Directioners together for the longest time. They were practically our childhood. I remember that when we learned they disbanded, we were on a six hour road trip to our aunt Patricia's house and we couldn't stop crying. For six hours."