Chapter 21:

A S P E N    W I L S O N
»»————-  ————-««

I liked working here.

The restaurant was a small, cute place and it was a peaceful environment. The customers were all nice, we barely dealt with money problems, and on busy days, the teamwork between the employees to feed everyone was the best thing.

There was Kesam, Khun Arpa, Aliyah, Johnny, and now, me. It felt like a family with them and I've been having a lot of fun and learning new things since I started working two days ago. Everyone got along perfectly and we worked together even better.

Johnny was the sweet guy we all teased, but between Kesam, Aliyah, and I, we had a silent agreement to protect him from the few rude customers we'd get here and there. He also was the main cook and older than all of us, which was why it was fun to tease him.

Aliyah was great. She was an aspiring nail tech in college, was perhaps the smartest out of all of us, and her jokes were simply the best. She makes Kesam's mom laugh, which says a lot considering how strictly professional and serious her personality was.

As for Kesam, the girl was lazy as hell and working with me was probably not the best idea in the world. We laughed too much and we got off track a lot.

When I finish attending to two girls, I walk to the counter where Kesam was sitting up, holding a bowl. Seeing me, she grins at me. I smile back and plop down on the stool in front of her, breathing out deeply as I did so.

Today was a busy day, but we were finally done.

"Ahh," she says, waving her fork in front of my lips.

I eat the pineapple on it and she hums, chewing on her fruit. When I'm done eating the pineapple, I steal the fork from her to shove more fruits in my mouth. She giggles at that, smacking my head lightly as I stole more of her snack.

I laugh, choking on the juice of the fruit as I did so. Instead of helping me, Kesam starts cackling and then that makes me laugh even more.

"Again?" Kesam's mom walks out and shakes her head at us disapprovingly. "You two are too much. Cannot be left alone."

I pull my lips back into my mouth, stifling my laughs and trying not to smile. Kesam does the same and Khun Apra takes a glance at both of us.

"Stop that face. You both look ugly."

We lose it. The effort we were trying to put in not laughing goes to waste as we start giggling again, myself leaning my head on the counter as Kesam leans over me and hugs me around the neck, laughing into my back.

When Kesam's mom leaves again, I pull away and smile up at Kesam, "I don't think we'll have a job if we keep being like this."

"Mom would never fire me, she needs my help too much. And she likes you more than me so eh, we're good." Kesam pushes a strawberry in my mouth. "Oh, did you talk to April after the whole party thing?"

Right. About that.

I called Kesam late that night to explain everything that had went down at the station but we didn't really get back to the whole April situation.