Midnight Talks

A/N: Okay so this is just some wish fulfillment for me for a ship that never sailed, a.k.a Adam and Taylor. I firmly believe that there is an alternative universe where they are happily together, writing the greatest songs the world has ever heard, #teamdillusional. By the way, I am not writing this as an attack on either party's respective real-life relationship, this is just me writing a fictional story, with fictional versions of these people. Absolutely NO harm intended at all.

Also, you can kinda tell that I'm using some elements of the legendary song, All Too Well. I know their song Enchanted is usually used in stories about them, but I ain't following your rules yo. Plus, this song's visual imagery (the parts where Jake and Taylor were happy) is too romantic to pass off.

A bit of warning, there are some descriptive parts that are delving towards the subjects of depression, anxiety and insomnia, so if you are struggling with these please carefully thread on as it may hit a few sore wounds.

So, now without further ado, let us begin.

Midnight Talks

Adam had a bad case of insomnia, that's plain and simple.

Most nights he couldn't even comprehend his own thoughts much less become an actual conscious being at those early hours of complete darkness. One could not even begin to imagine what goes on that head of his.

But one person does, he thinks looking at the sleeping figure of the precious bundle wrapped in a layer of blankets and comforters. Blonde hair cascading down her lovely face, as if the liquid from the sun was falling down her head. Her lips all red even with the clear lack of lipstick to heighten the shade, her steady breathing kept him grounded for most part of yet another insomniac episode.

He sighed and tucked a few flyway strands of blonde back when it covered a few areas of her face. By doing so she stirred slightly in her sleep causing him to wince a bit as she popped her eyes open ever so slightly to meet his own. He didn't miss the concern and understanding the shined when she looked at him.

"Hey." She said softly with a bit of sleep left in her voice.

"Hey." Adam replied a small smile forming as he turned more to his side to get a better angle.

"Can't sleep?" Ever the observant person, he thinks adoringly.

"Yeah, I uhhh... I'm having those lucid dreams again, you know, the ones I keep telling you at breakfast for the past two days." She nods smally as she herself tucks a few strands of his hair away from his forehead.

"They must be quite the picture if they're that repetitive." She says good naturedly as she snuggles closer breathing in his scent from his favorite band t-shirt that he uses as pajamas.

He loves these moments, moments where he could just be here with her, moments where the rest of the world just doesn't exist and it's only him and this wonderful woman who manages to understand him right down to his very core.

What did he do to deserve her? He will never know for the life of him.

"Do you want to keep your mind off them?" She says suddenly, breaking the silence that was in the line of comfortable to lingering.

He looks up at her and searches those beautiful eyes, her ocean eyes. It always amazed him how he could quite literally get lost in those crystal blue depths as if one was diving in the most beautiful calm waves on a distant island.

"Yeah." Adam said with a bit of a waning tune in his voice.

Taylor smiles as she reaches off to her bedside table and chucks out both her glasses and his own and a hair tie inside a drawer and tying up her blonde curls in a loose and quite frankly messy ponytail.