chapter 11

sorry, i forgot wattpad was a thing :)
~~~

Y/N couldn't believe what they did last night.

Last week she was a plain quirkless person. Now she had a quirk, One for All.

The quirk that was passed down from generation to generation. All from an amazing hero before them.

Y/N was amazed. How was this possible? How could physically giving someone your quirk be possible? She understood quirk passing from genetics, but this? This didn't make any sense.

How was she going to explain this to her mother? Maybe she could just say she's a late bloomer? Y/N's 15, and the latest someone has ever gotten their quirk was at 16, so maybe her mom will think nothing of it.

But what about the quirk itself? No one in her family that she knew of had a quirk like this. How was she going to explain the strength quirk to her mother?

She had to think of something before her mother started to question. Or she could just act clueless.

~~~

Y/N had yet to tell her mother about her new developed quirk. She had planed on telling her today. After her training with Deku.

"Y/N we first need to have you learn how to control One for All."

Y/N nodded in agreement, "Yeah... I already snapped my hairbrush is half this morning so I think that's a good idea."

Deku laughed at this, "I used to break alot of things when I first got my quirk, including my bones..."

"... I watch TV so I know."

"Oh. Well anyways. Lets teach you how to be gentle with this quirk."

"One for All heightens your strength and makes it harder to be as gentle as you used to be. With it heightening your strength, you sometimes don't realize how strong you now are. That's why we are learning how to be gentle."

Y/N nodded. She knew that this lesson was important. She had seen hundreds of videos on the internet of Deku breaking his bones because he didn't know how to control his quirk, she had also seen the affect it left on him. His writing was shaky and slow. He would have trouble grasping small objects like pens or paper.

Y/N didn't want that to happen to her. She wanted to be in control of her pain as much as she could. She didn't want to be like teenage Deku, a reckless, shy, and not properly trained boy. She wanted to be the opposite.

She needed to learn how to control this quirk and fast. The UA entrance exams were around the corner and if she was going to pass, she needed to have experience with her quirk.

Plus, the old villain organization, LoV, attacked Deku's class when he was in his very first year of high school. The LoV attacked Deku's class, 1-A, not long after they started the school year.

Deku knew bad things could happen at any point in time so, he wanted Y/N to be as prepared as he could get them to be.

"Okay Y/N, I'm going to teach you how to use One for All."

~~

"Arrr- oow"

"Dont worry young-in, I'll get you all healed. Lickity split."

Y/N had broken a few fingers, then her arm up to her elbow. Instead of being taken to the hospital, the doctor that works at Dekus agency came down as soon has he had a bad feeling.

Dr. Bruise's intonation was always right.

After giving Y/N one more healing shock from his finger tips, Dr. Bruise helped Y/N sit up, "There you are kid, as good as young!"

'As good as young?' Y/N just nodded along not saying anything out loud about her confusion to the old doctor.

"How are you feeling L/N?" Deku put his hand on the aspiring heros shoulder.

Y/N shrugged her shoulders, "I feel fine now. It feels like I never broke a bone in the first place." Flexing her fingers, she twisted her arm around to continue looking at it.

"Maybe I should learn more about the science behind the quirk?" Y/N glance up at Deku, "Learn how it works or something?"

Y/N wasn't sure how to explain to Deku that she really wanted to learn how to us his quirk. She wanted to prove that she was meant to have One for All. Y/N knew she was ready to have this power, to have the responsibility of of learning how to use it.

Y/N knew she was ready, but did Deku?

~~
Y/N wasn't so sure she was ready for this quirk anymore. She had been doing research on super strength quirks, the problem was that these types of quirks were supposed to be one of the most difficult type of quirk to control. She knew that if a regular super strength quirk was hard to control, then One for All would be even harder.

Super strength quirks usually only made you physically stronger, All for One gives you unbelievable strength, speed, agility, and durability. This quirk enhances everything to make you stronger. It was no shock to Y/N anymore about why Deku used to always break his bones.

With this new power in Y/N, she felt different. She felt more complete but lost at the same time. Maybe it was the fact that she had finally gain a quirk. The thing she begged for all her life. Or maybe it was that she didn't under how to use the quirk. It might even be the fact that she felt less alone, it felt like there was always someone with her now.

Now that she had this quirk, she felt like someone was pulling her out of bed everyday, walking her to school, helping her feel less of a burden to her classmates. She felt like someone was walking next to her, leaving enought room for her to walk on the sidewalk, walking closest to the rode while she walked by the grass.

She didn't understand why she was feeling like this, but she was happy. She was grateful for this new feeling but scared.

Would this feeling of security leave her? When would it leave her?

Y/N never wanted to go back to that feeling of dread she felt in her first year of middle school, the feeling of being alone, the feeling of not knowing when a school mate would jump out and scare her or follow her home.

Y/N was scared, she often was, but this fear was new.

Was she really good enough? Does Deku regret passing down his quirk to her? Will she be able to help all the people who would call for her? Is she good enough for them? Will they reach out their hands to her, asking for help? Will they trust her?

Fear and confusion.

Maybe it was time to call her dad's old friend, Ryo. He always knows how to help.

~~