That's what makes me attempt to shift that morning while my pack, as the humans and hybrids have been calling it, are still sleeping.

What I don't expect though, is for the process of shifting to my human form to be so painful. The door is opened, but the road leading inside is dark and in shambles. I hiss and twist, head burning but it's such a vital need in me to finally be released from this prison, from this animal form that has been my companion for so long.

I don't realize when the feeling of warm fur surrounds me, nor do I realize when the pain is over, sweat covering my whole body as my skin just keeps burning, burning as if I'm melting. Did I do it? Did it work? A nose settles into my palm and I-

My palm? I open my eyes, lids heavy, but when I start noticing the heat points surrounding me, the view of my human body is very clear to my eyes in the darkness, along with seeing Hoseok and Yoongi still sleeping. I don't remember making a sound, but I'm glad they didn't wake up.

I groan when I try to move, limbs something I am not used to anymore, how to work arms and legs, hands and feet, fingers and toes. So many things my brain has to get used to again. I hear a soft chuff and manage to look to the side to see Namjoon gazing down at me, worried yet fascinated eyes on my form before he goes to lick my face gently to congratulate me.

"H-hyung, I did it" I whisper, a tired smile on my lips when he grunts quietly in approval, not willing to wake the other two from their sleep but not willing to ignore me either. He licks my face and neck to clean me and sighs, realizing that he's got a lot more work in front of him than when I was still in my snake form.

I whine lowly when his tongue feels like it's scratching my skin, the flesh much more sensitive than scales but his tail comes to graze my cheek in tender affection while he keeps going, softer and as gentle as he can to get rid of all the sweat sticking to my skin.

I lick my lips, his scent filling my mouth and reminding me of trees, of forests we once were allowed to see. It's so comforting and with the tip of his tail stroking my face gently, body cradled against his and keeping me warm from the nakedness in which I find myself, I eventually get lulled back to sleep.

---

When I wake up again, it's to hear life awakening from deep slumber, yawns and bodies stretching as the sun starts peeking in from the windows in the large room.

I look up to see that Namjoon is still sleeping, tail curled around my waist and hiding me from being exposed while Hoseok and Yoongi are still sleeping soundly. I sigh and decide to take this moment to try and move my fingers, get the feel of them again, to relearn how to use a human body, something I haven't done for too long.

I let my eyes wander my skin, notice the scales covering my forearms and ankles, black shininess against pale skin, a contrast so easy to notice and I wonder if I'm going to have to try to hide this part of me. I allow my fingers to slide up my skin, notice the scales also covering my waist and as I reach my neck, I can also feel them crawling from my nape to the beginning of my jaw, but everything else is only smoothness and softness.

A loud sneeze has me looking to the side to see Hoseok with surprised sleepy eyes, his body having decided that it's time to wake up against his will. I giggle at the view, a sound that none of us are used to hearing and the hyena snaps his head to me, body trying to determine if whoever broke inside our cage is safe or not until he sniffs the air.

When he registers my smell, his eyes widen, round like the moon and he jumps to his feet before running to me, tongue going to lick all over my face in over-excitement, so happy that I could finally shift, something we're all wishing for to happen soon. His scent feels just as happy as he is and I can't help but puff in pride as it adds to Namjoon's scent on my skin.