CHAPTER SIXTY EIGHT

Start from the beginning

"His entire family was killed." Bonnie says to Damon, like the words had burned on her tongue and she had to let them out. "All those little siblings he talked about earlier... every single one was killed. And the only one who got away was the oldest boy, Malachai Parker."

"Who names a kid Malachai?" Kai says, turning around to face them. "It's like they expected me to be evil."

Daisy's heart was pounding, fully unaware of what came next, and how she was going to get herself, and Kai, out of this situation.

"All of those kids were murdered." Bonnie spits, hate in her voice.

"Hello? Not everyone died." He says, like it was obvious. Daisy wanted to smack him for not trying to divert the situation, but instead digging them both into a deeper, inescapable hole by pretty much admitting to it. "I had a soft spot for one of my sister's. 'Cause otherwise I would've cut one of her lungs out, not just he spleen." He shrugs.

"What?" Bonnie says, looking like she was about to puke.

"You can survive without a spleen." Kai smiles.

"Something tells me you're not speaking hypothetically." Damon says.

"Well, I hung two off a stairwell railing. Put a hunting knife in one's abdomen." He nods confidently. "And drowned one in a pool."

Daisy hadn't been acknowledged since the truth came out, which was best, as she didn't know if the gig was up— or if she should be playing along like she didn't know.

"You just killed your whole family?" Bonnie shook her head.

"Coven." Kai corrected.

"So you lied." Bonnie clenched her jaw. "Your dad didn't send you here because he was threatened by your power. He sent you here because you're insane."

"Bingo." Kai said proudly.

As realization settled, Bonnie finally turned to Daisy confusion and disgust still on her face.

If he was going to willingly flush their one way out of here down the drain, she sure as hell wasn't going down with him. Tears quickly formed in Daisy's eyes, as she picked up her breathing and turned to face Kai— perfectly mirroring Bonnie's expression. "You lied to me." she muttered quietly.

Four words were enough to get Bonnie and Damon back on her side.

Bonnie shook her head quickly as she spun on her heal, walking right back towards the house. "I'm not doing this." She says.

"No, actually- you are." Damon insisted, catching up to Bonnie.

"I'm not letting him out of here he just admitted to being a serial killer!" Bonnie yelled back, before swinging the front door open and charging her way inside.

Daisy and Kai linger in the driveway, and as soon as Damon and Bonnie were out of sight, Kai stepped forward. He gently grabbed Daisy's face and wiped the tear that fell from her eye with his thumb.

She grabbed his wrist and pushed him off of her with a bit more force than necessary. "You're an idiot." She scolded.

Kai let out a laugh, still on his high of thinking that this was all a perfectly good situation to be in right now. "What?" He chuckled.