"You know, I never really understood this book." He said as he flipped through it before landing on my bookmark. 

"I've actually seen this copy before, I just wonder how you got it Miss... ah right, Lockwood" He said as he gave me a look after looking at the ring Elijah had given me.

"Mr. Saltzman, I don't want to be rude but I'm afraid I don't want to talk to you, not after what you did." I said as I took the book back, but before I could put it in my bag he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him.

"Miss Lockwood, I'm afraid, I don't know what you are talking about. I've done nothing to you but look at that book, that I know isn't yours. Now tell me, where did you get it?" He hissed as his grip go tighter on my wrist. Shoving him away from me I could feel anger bubble up in my chest.

"You're a liar, you know exactly what you did to me, what you did to Elijah. He's my friend and you stabbed him in the chest, in front of me. You act like you're a good man, and there for a while, I thought you were. But you did nothing as I cried when I thought my only true friend was dead, by your hands. Even after knowing how I felt after what happened to my father." I said as my hands started to shake, and my breathing became hard.

"And if it's so important to you, Elijah gave it to me." With that, I walked out of the room as tears welled up in my eyes. I had told him how broken I felt after my father died, and how I couldn't go through that again. 

But he still hurt Elijah, maybe he thought I was being compelled, maybe he thought he was helping me. That still doesn't change the fact that he and Damon betrayed Elijah's trust, and betrayed my own. I gave Elena and Stefan a glare as I walked past them in the hall. Elena took a step toward me but Stefan held her back. He had fear in his eyes as he looked at me like he was scared I would hurt her.

In all honesty, I probably would. Elijah tried to help her, and yet she plotted against him. As I climbed into my truck I slammed the door behind me. Slamming my hands against my steering wheel I was about to get out of the truck to go find Elena, but the passenger door opened and Mr. Saltzman got in.

"I suggest you drive or I'll snap that pretty little neck of yours, and I don't think my brother will like that very much love. From what I've gathered Elijah is fond of you, especially if he had that made for you. Now drive." Alaric said as he looked away from the ring on my finger before giving me a smirk. I quickly pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive down the road.

The silence made the air in the truck thick, almost hard to breathe in. 

"Can I ask you a question?" I said as I looked over at the man who was and at the same time wasn't Mr. Saltzman.

"Since you asked so nicely, yes, you may." He said as turned in his seat to look at me better.

"Elijah told me he has five siblings, he told me about all of you, and from how you are. I can only assume you're Niklaus. Am I right?" I asked as I looked at him from the corner of my eye. 

"He must really like you to tell you about us, or even to keep you around. What all did my dearest older brother tell you about me, love, did he tell you about the monster I am." Niklaus said with a laugh as I pulled into Elijah's driveway.

"He told me he loves you, but that you don't make it easy. Elijah said that he wanted to keep me away from you because he doesn't want you to hurt me." I said as I turned to look at him better. He had a dark look in his eyes as he looked at me, but it faded as I got out of the truck. Walking up to the door I unlocked it with the key Elijah had given me.

"You're human, are you not?" Niklaus asked as he stood in the living room with me as I grabbed the bottle of water from the fridge. With a huffed laugh I turned to him and took a drink with a nod of my head.

"Yeah, I am, but I come from a wolf bloodline. I just haven't triggered it yet, and I don't want to." I said as I turned around to face the fridge. He barely made a noise as he walked into the kitchen.

"Then why does he keep you around?" He asked as he watched me dig around in the fridge.

"Because we're friends, Niklaus, we're friends. I care about him, and he cares about me." I said after taking a bite of the cold pizza I had in my hand. 

"That's not like my brother, no human would be able to change how he is. So tell me, what did you do to my brother." Niklaus said as he took a threatening step forward.

"As you said, Niklaus, I'm human. I didn't even know about any of this until I was kidnapped by Trevor and Rose. I knew Elijah before then, I met him through my mom, she was helping him with some work that now I know wasn't actually why he was here. But instead of compelling me, he told me everything that I needed to know." I said as I finished my pizza, letting out a sigh I dusted my hands off before taking a step toward him. I grabbed his hand and gave him a small smile.

"Elijah told me why you're so protective over your family, and to be honest, I don't blame you. But you have to know I'll never take Elijah away from you, because you are his family, and I am simply a friend. If he tells me to go I'll go, yeah I'll be hurt but if that's what he wants, then I'll do it." Stepping away from him I hopped up on the countertop and grabbed the bottle again. I gave him another smile before taking a drink of it.

"Do you know where he is?" Niklaus asked as he folded his arms. Shaking my head at him, I held the bottle out to him, sitting it back down after his rejection.

"No, I don't. The last time I saw him, he had just dropped me off at home after Alaric had daggered him." I said looking down at my hands before picking the bottle back up to pick at the lid from the unpleasant memories.

"You really do care about him, don't you?" Niklaus asked.

"Yeah, I do. I, um, I don't really let people in so it kind of surprised me that I got so attached to him. My dad died not that long ago, and I sorta shut everyone out, I had nightmares and I just felt numb I guess. Then I met Elijah, and I started to feel better. I guess he helped me get out of my funk, and in return, he got me as a friend." I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

"I won't hurt you, but if I get the slightest hint that you aren't being truthful, I'll kill you." Niklaus said as he gave me a pointed look.

"Ok, just please don't hurt my family." I said softly as I spun my ring around.

"I won't if you work with me and make sure my brother helps me." Nodding my head at him I hopped off of the counter.

"You might not like what I'm about to say but if you were nicer to people, like how you are with me, then I think you would get farther when it comes to getting what you want." I said as I walked pasted him to grab my keys.

"Love, before you go. I need you to be at the dance, you might not be a liar, but I still need to keep an eye on you." He said as he grabbed my arm, thankfully not as tight as he had the first time.

"Ok, I will. I have to go now, but if Elijah comes back can you tell him to call me." I asked as he let go of me. He nodded his head at me and giving him a nod as well I walked out of the house. When I got to my truck I grabbed my bottle of aspirin from my glove box and took four. 

"That went better than I thought it would go." I said to myself as I pulled out of the driveway.

___

Filler chapter I know, but I just wanted Nesryn to meet Alaric!Klaus in a one-on-one type of meeting. Also, I feel like Klaus and Nesryn would be kinda a brotp. But she and another one of the siblings are going to be the ultimate BROTP and just thinking of their friendship makes me happy.