The Buzz of sex vibes

Start from the beginning

"Not too bad, yet. Maybe we should try that again, just to be sure he saw it all." Tyler teases and I press my hand to his very impressive chest.

Why am I stopping him?

Opening my mouth to do just that, I shut it and frown. Why am I stopping him? He's handsome, a great kisser, and single. But more importantly, he seems interested in me. Why wouldn't I want to see where this leads? I'd have to be stupid to pull away.

Boss, dummy! He's your boss.

And here is my reason. Sighing, because I think this could be a good chance for me to take that first step of moving on from Harper, and knowing that it won't happen, I sit back and shake my head. I can't do this. I want to keep this job. I want to find my place and not because I slept with the boss. I just can't do it.

"Tyler, you're a great guy. And I'm really, really looking forward to working with you. Which is why I can't do this. I think you are a really sweet guy, and so attentive, and sensitive and... I don't know why someone hasn't scooped you up yet. I just, I can't do it. Not knowing that you are my boss. I want this job on my own merits, not because I'm sleeping with you." There, reasonable, professional, rational. And I'm kicking my own ass mentally for doing it.

His smile tells me that he's hiding some information. I know that look. I've seen it plenty on my brother's face, or any of the guys when they've done something stupid. Tyler nods, pulling back as if he's honestly thinking about what I just said to him. Another good quality to give him. He actually listens to me. When he chuckles and wraps me into a tight hug, I'm not only taken off guard, I don't understand why.

"Frankie, Frankie. I tend to wonder why no one has scooped me up yet, either. I guess the right one just hasn't come along." He adjusts himself in the chair and drinks his beer. "I think we're going to be good friends. And I respect the whole Boss/employee thing. I'd never force myself on you."

"That's good to know. I'm sure there are tons of girls out there waiting for a guy like you. I just don't think it's me." I feel so awkward saying this.

I must have lost my mind somewhere. I refuse to believe that I'm turning Tyler down because of Harper. I won't believe that, I can't. It would be so depressing, especially knowing Harper will find himself the easiest floozy tonight and go home with her. Because that's just who he is.

"Yeah, there's plenty that have tried, just none that hit the buzzer for me. But I'm not giving up hope. That special someone is out there somewhere. Maybe we need to fly to Rome, or Aruba. I'm sure we could both find someone, at least for the moment." He winks and my stomach has butterflies. I'm flying away with this man tomorrow. A man who is willing to just fly off to some romantic destination to find his perfect someone. Why did I tell him no again?

Work. A safer subject than romantic travels. I need to keep my mind on myself, and not on the hottie I'll be spending so much of my time with. I'm sure the rest of the football players and coaches won't be interested in my sex life, and it's better to keep it off limits. I don't need the complications. At least not until I get my head on straight again.

"We're leaving at eleven tomorrow morning. I'll have a car pick you up and bring you to the plane. We're flying in with Blake and Derrick, so it'll be private all the way. Pack casual for training, although we'll probably hit a couple clubs with the guys at some point. And bring a suit, we usually go out on the boat for a day at least. We'll be gone for the week. Anything you think you need, bring it. And if you forget something, don't worry about it. We can have a runner pick something up for you." He goes on about work and what we'll be doing at the stadium. One on one's with the players, and addressing current physical issues are all on his plate. As his assistant, I'll be expected to take the medical notes and keep files on each player, assist with anything he needs and just basically be there to support him. "Do you have any questions?"