"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired." She smiled at her friend who always knew when she was having her moments of insecurity. In their group of three, Lola was always the quiet, perceptive one. Nalini was the fierce, stubborn and smart one who would fight the world for her best friends

And then there was Hanna, the pacifist, always neutralising any tension that would arise in the group. 

There usually wasn't much to fight about, the girls got along like a house on fire from the time they were in pre school but Hanna had to admit, there was something lingering in the air among st them. 

Ever since the guys came into the picture. 

She stole a glance at Julian and Lola who were showing the rest the picture of Tyler and Eva's hand. She caught Lola blushing when Julian nudged her proudly and a sinking feeling settled in her stomach. 

Nalini and Lola almost got into an argument about this just a few days ago in school. Nalini claimed the bad boy might just be using them but it was easy to see that Lola had feelings for the guy, even if she refused to admit it. 

Whether Julians feelings for Lola were genuine, Hanna could not say. Her attention then turned to Nalini who was bickering with Damien, who seemed to be enjoying their argument more than anything. 

Did Nalini like Damien? Did Damien like Nalini? 

Did Edward really like her? Or was he just playing with her feelings like most of their schoolmates did to girls like her. 

Once everyone settled down, the group started discussing when they would be meeting up next. 

"Lola, you said your parents will be away this weekend?"

"Yeah, but they usually call my aunt over to babysit. Maybe I can convince them to let me stay alone this time?" Lola suggested, looking deep in thought. Her eyebrows were knitted together tightly and Hanna noticed Julian staring at her, his face alight with adoration. 

Maybe he did like her. 

Hanna wanted to slap herself for getting distracted. She grabbed a cookie from the open packet in front of her and munched on one to help herself concentrate. 

"Why don't we just drug her aunt? Then we can discuss without any disturbances," Edward said. 

"Not a bad idea," Damien added. 

"Bloody risky idea. What if she dies or worse, our parents find out," Nalini says crossly. 

"Yeah, I agree. No drugging aunties. I'll be at Lola's this weekend, right?" Julian nodded at Lola for confirmation and her friend nodded meekly. "Maybe we can sneak out once she's asleep."

Hanna caught Nalini narrowing her eyes at the two, she could already read her thoughts and hoped this wouldn't turn into another fight later on. 

"I'll try to convince them to let me stay unchaperoned but if all else fails, shall we meet at the park? Damien, can you pick us up?" Lola asked. 

"Yeah, shouldn't be a problem. The park is actually a good idea. What about you, bro?" He patted Edward on the back who scowled at him. 

"I'm in if Hanna is." 

Hanna wanted to punch the guy as all eyes fell on her. Was he seriously bargaining Julian's life with her involvement? The guy was the devil incarnate. 

"I guess I could stay over at Lola's," She finally said and everyone sighed in relief. 

Edward had only just joined them today and he was already holding all the cards. 

"It's settled then. Okay, I need to leave. My mum's making spaghetti and she wants me home in five," Edward announced, standing up. He grabbed the tapes and stuffed them in his bag. "Will start working on these tonight." 

"Thanks man. I really appreciate it," Julian said, his voice heavy as he turned to each of them. "I appreciate all of you guys going through all of this trouble to help me." 

"God, you're pretty sappy for someone who used to trip me in the hallways and vandalise my computer lab." Edward replied sharply but then his face softened. "Don't worry I'll do my best." 

"Come on, I'll drop you girls home," Damien said. "Lola, are you ready for your date with Tyler tomorrow?"

"Date?" Julians eyes widened in shock. 

"We're just going out for ice cream," Lola blustered defensively. "I'm going to try and find out about his relationship with Eva." 

"Be careful," Julian said worriedly but it only made Lola laugh.

"Nothing's going to happen. We'll be in public."

The conversation ended tersely and everyone cleared the room after an awkward bout of silence.

"So my queen, when are we going on a date?" Edward asked as he swung his backpack over his shoulder. 

The word queen made Hanna whip around and push him against the wall. She'd never been one to lose her cool and do impulsive things but this guy had a way of getting under her skin. 

"Woah, are we going to kiss now? We can't! I don't have my breath mints and we just ate sour cream and onion chips!" 

"We are definitely not going to kiss or go on a date or whatever it is going on in that head of yours. And stop calling me your queen. It's weird." She waved a finger at his face in warning. 

"Why? Am I too ugly? I swear I'm working on the six pack." Edwards shoulders slouched in defeat and Hanna cast a wary look around. Lola, Nalini and Damien had headed into the house, leaving the two of them out here alone.

"Are you making fun of me? Do you really like me or is this some kind of sick joke?" She whispered letting the cool breeze carry the heaviness of her words. 

"What do you mean?" He asked seriously. "Of course I like you, what's not to like?" 

Hanna didn't know why his admission made her feel like crying. All these years of living in other people's shadows and hearing others make fun of her weight had shut her off from thoughts of a boy ever liking her. 

She didn't even know how to deal with it. 

Edward's dark brown eyes were dark under the waning sunlight, he looked so sincere it made her chest feel heavy. 

She turned around before he could see her watery eyes and then she marched away from the boy. Leaving the the unanswered questions to linger in the silence between them. 

A/N: This chapter was mostly about Hanna and the new star of the show, Edward lol. Next we will be back to Lola's hehe. Anyone interested in Nalini's story or maybe Eva's. Let me know who interests you the most for now below :) :) Also thanks for reading. It makes my day/life when I see your votes and comments :)