3. A Nightmare

Draco's POV ** ~

I sat beside her as she was resting in her own bed. Esmeree had insisted we bring her back to Grindelwald Manor, and she didn't take no for an answer.

~

Esmeree would walk in every so often with my mother, checking up on her. I was frightened but I held Scarlett's hand as I waited for her to wake up.

The nights went by slowly and soon enough when I least expected it, the door opened once more.

I thought it was Esmeree coming back again until I noticed that she was fast asleep beside Scarlett. I turned my head slightly and stood from the chair to face the newest visitor.

"Pansy? No way." I fell back a step as I stood before the person I saw buried just a few summers ago. Shaking my head she only laughed quietly before scratching her neck awkwardly.

"Hello, Draco."

Finally holding out my arms, we smiled and she ran to me as I gave her a quick hug, "H- how? Actually, I don't care, It's so good to see you again."

"I'm glad you finally know, but I'll explain everything when life isn't so chaotic. I do wish the circumstances were better but I am happy to see you again. So, how is she?"

I peered back at Scarlett before shaking my head, "She's perfectly healthy but I don't know why she won't wake-"

Before I could even finish, Scarlett sat up and her eyes shot open except they weren't lilac or even red. Her eyes were electric blue and she turned her head as they pierced into my own. Both Pansy and I froze as she sat quietly and took in her surroundings.

Between the motion of her sitting up, Esmeree must've taken notice as she soon sat up beside Scarlett, unsure of what to do.

"Where am I? Draco, where am I?"

The moment she reached out for me was the moment I was by her side once more, without hesitation.

"You're at the manor, your manor. You collapsed after taking out your anger on the Dark Lord."

Her eyes widened as I sat down beside her only for her to hold my hand as her gaze turned hard and her face went stone-cold, "He lived. Oh, I'm going to end that monster."

"Scar, hey, why don't you rest some more. It'll be good for you."

"No, no I need to finish him off."

Pansy stepped forward and kneeled down in front of her as Esmeree started to braid her hair, "Scarlett, I know what he did, but you aren't in the right state of mind to deal with this."

"I am thinking perfectly fine, Pansy. Would you all just get off me?!" Scarlett stood up and pushed us all out of her way as she quickly started to pace, trying to work something out.

Esmeree looked at me with a questioning look but I only shrugged not knowing what to do.

Scarlett started mumbling and soon the ground started shaking as the door and windows flew open by the strong gusts of wind.

Pansy immediately stood and rushed to the windows trying to hold them shut before Esmeree jumped up to help her.

I turned back to Scarlett who paced the room with clenched fists, the only problem was that her ring was missing.

I jumped up from the bed and stopped her in her tracks grabbing her arms as her eyes shot into mine once more, "Scar. You're losing control. Where's your ring?"

She looked at me confused before peering at her fingers only to find no ring. Her face changed and she was the one frightened now as she held onto my arms as I tried to get her to calm down.

"Scar, you have to come back. Please, you need to control it before it takes us all out. Scarlett, please. I know you can do this."

"I- I can't. I can't do it. I don't want to hurt you!"

Her eyes were still ice-blue but I could see fear when she realized that she could hurt us. I knew what had to be done but I couldn't do it alone.

Pansy and Esmeree had finally barred the windows down before they were now standing behind me as I held onto Scarlett's face with one hand while the other was on her arm, "You won't hurt us. You can do this, we trust you. I trust you, Scar."