19. Take Me To The Food

"Paris?!"

They all snapped back to me in shock before speaking over one another. I rolled my eyes and held up my fingers, counting down and they each took a step back and stopped talking.

"See, not that hard. Now, I've seen the tension and the stress, and so I'm decreeing a break. You don't get a choice and if you even try to leave, I will personally see to it. I. Will. Hunt. You. Down."

Ron gulped and shook his head, "Nope, not leaving again. I'll stay."

"Right then," Hermione nodded and looked over to Harry, "Harry?"

"We have to find the Horcruxes, and you want us to take a break? Are you mental?"

I raised an eyebrow and cocked my head, "Mental? Do you really want to test my sanity?"

Harry scoffed and turned to the other two, "We have a war to end before it begins, and we're just going to go on an insane trip? We need to gather resources."

Ron nodded but then thought for a moment, "Yeah, but we have Scarlett. She's powerful and I'm sure that even a day won't hurt. Right, 'Mione?"

Hermione stood silent and then looked at me before meeting Harry's eyes again, "I have to say, I think we really need a break. Think of it this way, if Scarlett knew that a day would affect the downfall of You-Know-Who, well, I mean he just killed her uncle. She won't let him win."

He thought for a moment before letting out a frustrated groan as he rolled his eyes, "Fine. You get one day. Two tops."

Ron gave a cheer of excitement while Hermione jumped up as Harry just rolled his eyes sighing.

I gave them a smile before turning towards the city once more, "So, who's hungry?"

Almost instantly, Ron ran into me and grabbed my arm, "Take me to the food!"

I laughed and we interlocked arms as we walked happily to the closest café.

Once we found a good spot, we took our seats and a waiter soon came to our aide, "Bonjour!"

I gave the man a smile and nodded, "Bonjour, monsieur."

"You speak French?"

"Yes, Ron. Well, I haven't for a while, but I was taught."

The waiter leaned forward with his notepad ready, but not without making a glance towards Hermione. He then cleared his throat and with a heavy french accent, he took our orders.

"My name is Julien. How can I accommodate you today?"

Ron looked over the menu as did Hermione, Harry, however, looked at his but continued to make glances towards me.

"I'll take the, err, cas-sew-let..."

I laughed while Hermione rolled her eyes as she tried to stop herself from laughing. Meanwhile, Julien gave a confused but somewhat questioning glance at me, "He'll have a Cassoulet," I looked over to Harry and he motioned that he wanted to the same so I turned back to Julien, "Actually we'll take two of those."

He nodded and took the order down in his notepad before turning to Hermione, who quickly looked through the menu again, "Could I get, the Coq Au Vin?"

Julien nodded, "A very fine choice for a very fine lady."

Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Ron glaring at the poor boy while Hermione sat in her seat, flustered as she blushed.

"Oh, and for you mademoiselle?"

"La Ratatouille, s'il vous plait."

He smiled and jotted it down before turning to leave, "I will have your food very soon."

"Merci," Hermione and I replied, only to be echoed by Ron, "Mercy..."

I let out a small laugh as I reached down making sure my wand was still with me. Meanwhile, Hermione was too busy reading off the french words of the menu to Ron, annoyed as she was still mad at him for leaving, but they didn't notice something wrong with Harry.

I raised an eyebrow and waved my hand slightly summoning snow to fall over Harry. He looked up when he noticed and then looked over at me as I was forming a mini snowman on the table.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm building a snowman. Why?"

"Scarlett, anyone could see. Stop."

I rolled my eyes and snapped my fingers making the snow disappear, "Gosh, so posh nowadays. Loosen up Harry, we're here to relax, we need it."

"I'm sorry if I'm having a hard time relaxing when we are hundreds of miles away from home. But no, you want me to relax. Understood."

I scoffed and turned to glance around the shop soon catching someone's eye but only for a moment. I raised my eyebrow slightly, but before I could say or do anything, Julien had returned with our food.

"Monsieurs, your Cassoulets, Madam your Coq Au Vin, et toi la Ratatouille," he placed the dishes down on the table and gave us all a smile, "Bon appetít!"

We all nodded and started digging into our food. Time went by quite quickly with the few glances from the prying eyes of passing people.

Once we had finished, I stood without hesitation and motioned for the Trio to follow me.

"Wait, Scarlett, we have to pay."

"Right, of course," I nodded and with a flick of my wrist, money appeared on the table, and Ron along with Harry nodded with satisfaction, grabbing their bags.

"Scarlett, are we in... you know?"

I tilted my head confused as Hermione gave me a look, "What, Hermione? Use your words."

"Right, I just mean, are there other wizards here?"

I shook my head and started walking away from the shop as they followed, "No, this is a no-mag part of town. But don't worry we're leaving now."

"Oh, okay."

We started walking down the streets and then I noticed a familiar face. She watched me from afar and when we got close enough, I figured it out, Vinda Rosier.