20) The Punishment

The blue sky was dotted with white clouds. The weather was calm and delightful contrast to the gloomy mood of Rudra.

Rudra came out of his car and looked up at the old Pratap mansion. His home that held so many memories.The magnificent and glorious Triumvirate estate could never replace the place of this old house in Rudra's heart.

As soon as Rudra entered in the main hall he could feel the atmosphere was full of tension.

The warm smile was missing from his mother's face. As she saw him entering the hall she walked towards him and asked anxiously, "Rudra, Is everything okay? Your dad was so angry. Did something happen?"

She asked him worriedly.

Cupping her cheeks he placed a small kiss on her forehead and said, "Do not worry maa. Everything is fine," he tried to calm her.

"Go. He is in study," she said. She knew she is not getting any answers from him.

Coming out of the main hall he walked toward the study room. The once calm and peaceful atmosphere of his old home was now giving a dull and sorrowful vibes which only increased his gloominess.

His mind told him, "Dad knows."

Those two words made him halt on his steps. Does his father really knows about them and Aadya?

It was the last thing Rudra wants. It should him who would tell his family about them and Aadya. Their family should not get this news from the third person. Especially Rudra's father. The old man still like to live by the old values and norms.

Rudra's family is one of the most influential and respectable political families of the country. They have a great history of virtue, victory and sacrifices. His father takes a great pride of their families history and greatness.

The values and principles are most superior for his father. But now his own son, his successor is breaking the norms of society. The rules setup by their forefathers.

Rudra Pratap Singh sharing his woman. His wife!

It will create chaos in the society. People will raise a finger on their family. And it's not acceptable to his father.

The hell will break loose.

Udayveer Pratap was busy reading the holy granth (book) Bhagavad Geeta, sitting behind the desk.

"Sit," he said without taking his gaze away from the pages.

Rudra followed his command and sat on a chair.

The room was filled with silence, only the clicking sound of the wooden clock can be heard. One could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

"Dad," Rudra called after an hour waiting for him.

Raising his eyes from the pages of the holy book. His father looked at him for a minute or two. His eyes devoid of any emotions. Rudra could see the glimpse of fury hidden in his dark orbs. His father was burning in rage.

Yes he knew. He knew about them and Aadya. And he certainly did not liked what his son is doing.

It's too late Dad. I have made my decision... Rudra was adamant. He will not loose his chance of spending his life with Aadya only because of family pressure or anything else.

His father glanced away and placing the book on the table he said.

"Bring it here," his father ordered. Gesturing to the wooden stick placed on the corner of the room.

Rudra knew what is coming next. It's punishment time.

When Rudra was child his father would use this wooden stick to punish him. He was one stubborn kid. The woody stick would leave so many blue and red marks on his palms.