Chapter 31: This woman is Wei Wuxian

Start from the beginning

Jiang Cheng, “What’s wrong with Wei Wuxian?”

Wei Wuxian? Lan Wangji’s expression turned grim, his lips flattened into a straight line as his angry gaze sliced Jiang Cheng. He knew that she’s Wei Wuxian yet he still hurt her?

Lan Wangji did not directly answer Jiang Cheng’s question, instead he said in a cold voice, “You hurt him again.”

Again. Just like his enmity towards him, something that Jiang Cheng couldn’t comprehend.

“I hurt him, so what? It wasn’t like I’m using my full power” Jiang Cheng retorted but the arrogance on his tone slowly faded with each passing word that came out from his mouth. Jiang Cheng glanced at Wei Wuxian’s pale face with a trace of guilt, “Wei Wuxian… Wei Wuxian should know this.”

“So what?” Lan Wangji repeated his words, his tone seemed to tell something more.

Lan Wangji’s sword like eyebrows was slightly raised and his glass like cold eyes stared at Jiang Cheng like cold daggers. Being looked at in this way, Jiang Cheng felt as though he was suddenly submerged into cold water. It was supposed to be a small trick when played against cultivators, but what about Wei Wuxian? His heart shook as he remembered what Lan Wangji had told him earlier. He had seen that Wei Wuxian still has his spiritual power, but the lid of doubt had already been opened.

Jiang Cheng glared at Lan Wangji with bloodshot eyes, “Tell me what’s wrong his golden core?”

Lan Wangji stared at Jiang Cheng, his hostile eyes had a trace of surprise. However, he still remained silent as though he was thinking about something.

It was actually the confrontation between Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian that had brought back Lan Wangji to his consciousness. At first he was ignorant of what was happening and why Wei Ying was using his unstable spiritual energy to fight with Jiang Cheng. But things became clearer now that he had a chance to analyze the situation.

He had doubts that Wei Ying became like this in order to cover up the matter with his golden core from Jiang Cheng. Even before, it was clear that he didn’t want Jiang Cheng to know about the golden core transfer incident.

But since it escalated to a situation that Wei Ying had to take this drastic action, Jiang Cheng must’ve found some clues, but how? Without further information, Lan Wangji could only stop his analysis here.

He sighed. In the end, if Wei Ying really want to hide this matter to Jiang Cheng, Lan Wangji will not reveal it. Only, he didn’t know that he already did.

Lan Wangji no longer wanted to deal with Jiang Cheng’s issues. Deciding that he should play Cleansing for Wei Wuxian as soon as possible he stood up with Wei Wuxian in his arms.

Seeing Lan Wangji taking Wei Wuxian away, Jiang Cheng blocked their way decisively, “Where are you taking Wei Wuxian?”

Lan Wangji continued to advance, completely treating Jiang Cheng as air.

Jiang Cheng, “You can’t take him!”

Lan Wangji frowned, “Move.”

“Move? Wei Wuxian is part of the Jiang Sect, we should be the one taking care of him!” Jiang Cheng raised his voice, conveniently ignoring the fact that Lan Wangji was now his brother’s husband.