Chapter 3 Pan is back

Chapter 3

Hook is getting ready for his long journey, he knew he might not survive this trip. He doesn’t want Autumn to be an orphan or her to live in Neverland. But he knew he has to protect her and Neverland is his best chance in doing so. Since that demon boy is gone, the place is practically safe. He knows it’s hard to let her go for she love him like his own daughter.

He threw the magic bean into the water and it created a portal. He glance back to the shore once more, Autumn is waving goodbye to him, but as he wave back his smile fell from his face. A boy in a green leather sewn-up clothes appeared behind his daughter and is smiling back to him. It can’t be he knew Autumn is in trouble if he’s back. “Wait! Stop the ship-” but his words were swallowed as they enter the portal, his last thoughts were she’s not safe there.

                                               --------------------------------------------------------

Autumn POV

My father was waving back when he started to act strangely, his smile fell from his face and he started to panic, he even try to turn around the ship before it was swallowed by a portal. It seems like he saw a ghost, more than a ghost, you can clearly see the horror in his face. I wonder what caused it.

I sat in the sand, thinking of what he said to me before he left I’ll be back in a day. I will miss you, you know that I love you. It’s fate that I found you in that forest, don’t forget that. There’s something in those words. I know I’ve found home, a father, a big family in the ship, friends and yet something is missing. There’s a hole but when I’m around the people I care, it’s seems to be forgotten. This hole only comes to the surface when I’m alone, like now.

Maybe because I’m an orphan, I don’t even know who are my real parents are but I’m lucky to have my father now, even though he’s not my real father. The only thing I knew about my parents is that one of them is redheaded or auburn hair because it’s the color of my hair. I can’t help it but a tear escape my eye.

Then suddenly I heard a twig snapped and the boy, without warning appeared behind me. Startled, I stood up quickly “don’t sneak on me like that! and you should be resting” I scold him “you can’t order me around here” he said raising an eyebrow. He’s giving me a hard time, I told him back “What are you going to do about it?” and I raised my eyebrows back at him, He just laugh it off.

He walk back towards the tree house, I followed him back. While we’re walking he broke the silence by asking “Is that your father? The one’s that is waving back” the way he emphasize your father you can get a hint that he knew him. I decided not to answer that.

Once we reached the tree house, he starts to climb up but I waited outside. “I’m going to get your food” I call after him “Don’t bother, I’m tired of the food you’re bringing me. If I want to eat I could easily have it” then he showed me a cake in his hand. I climbed up, I was amazed about the cake “How did you do that?” he laughed and told me in a mocking tone “oh this place is magic, you see imaginations are born here”. What does he mean about imaginations? He must have read my expression, he rolled his eyes “imagine something and you’ll have it, if you believe” he said it like it was obvious. He’s irritating, unbelievable great.

So he doesn’t need me then, no thank you? After I took care of him, this is how he thanks me? unbelievable. “Well if you can make food out of the thin air, then you don’t need me anymore to bring food to you” then I left the place, I don’t why I should care but that boy is getting on my nerves. I don’t need another distraction, my father’s departure is enough distraction to disorganized my thoughts. I need some time alone.

I think I know the perfect place to go. As I near the place, I’ve felt it again. This time it isn’t faint pulse of magic but a steady beat of magic. It’s so calming, I need to follow it, anyway it’s coming from the place I want to go. Up ahead I saw the boat, my ticket to Skull Rock.

I need to think alone, the hole I have is getting bigger. My father is not here and the boy upsets me. He didn’t even appreciate what I’ve done for him, I brought foods back to him, when he was weak and sick I help him, took care of him. He has no gratitude, I wasted my time trying to make friends with him.

As I was untying the rope of the boat, I heard somebody walking towards me. What does the boy wants? I turn around angry but it wasn’t the boy, it was Fabian. Why do I feel disappointed that it wasn’t him? “Oh, hi Fabian” “what’s wrong? Something is disturbing you?” oh shoots! he read my expression. “I was just tired and my father went on a journey” I told him back, he did believe it. “I hardly see you anymore, you’re always occupied in that boy” he said accusingly to me “I’ve been busy for two days. I’m done taking care of him, he can feed himself” I rolled my eyes, Fabian must have taken the hint that I want to be left alone because he said to me “I need some things to do, I’m going back to the camp and Autumn, Rodney just woke up”. I didn’t respond, my thoughts were somewhere else. I decided that I will just stay in the boat, I lost interest in going to Skull Rock.

I fell asleep at the boat, when I woke up its night. I was on my way back to my tree house and I was thinking what if something bad happened to my father? From what he said to me before he left, it’s clear that he might not come back. I don’t want to be left alone, he’s the closest family I could have. oof I accidentally walk straight into somebody “watch where you’re going” I know that voice, I don’t even have to look to know who is it. “well look who just showed up?” the boy said with an amusing tone “show me around the camp, Autumn” the brat remembers my name. “come on then, better stick close. You don’t want to get lost here” he just smirk at me, why do I get the feeling that he knew something that I don’t?

I can see the fire ahead “the camp is near”. When we reach camp, I told the Lost boys “this is the boy we found in the Skull Rock” I point to the boy. All the Lost boys we’re silent and staring at him, recognition registered in their faces. Then they all cheered, they knew the boy.

“I’m back” he smiled at the lost boys “and this is our guest of honor” than he faced me and he spread his arms wide “Welcome to Neverland”

Oh no . . .