Adelaide didn’t have to worry about hers because all her stuff are in her duffel bag. She is holding her bag now, and she never leaves it behind. Her bag consists of a dozen of her clothes, her knife, and her Harry Potter book.
“Vi, seal the main entrance. Kill the power up here.”

It turns out the man who let them inside the building is a doctor and his name is Edwin Jenner. After the introductions, they are now in an elevator. It was an enormous elevator. They didn’t know where the doctor is taking them; they follow him like a missing puppy.

“Are we underground?” Carol worriedly questions.

Jenner looks back at her, “Are you claustrophobic?”

“A little,”

“Try not to think about it.”

Adelaide had a sour expression on her face, “Gee, thanks. How did we not think of that?” She grumbled, earning a whispered chuckle from Carl.

Zone 5, is where Jenner will take them. Zone 5 was empty; the other doctors and staff were gone. The only thing that is left is computers and monitors. Obviously, the Vi he is talking to is artificial intelligence.

Like Jarvis, in Iron Man.

Everything happened fast. Now, Andrea’s having her blood tested. She was the last one to take the test. The others, including Adelaide, sit on the chairs inside the room, waiting for Andrea to finish.

Adelaide sat on the other side of the room, using her bag as an alternative pillow. She slightly massages her temple. “Are you okay?” Adelaide looked at her side to see who spoke, and it was Glenn. Glenn smiles quickly.

“I’m fine, just lack of sleep.”

Glenn taps his shoulder, “You can rest your head here.” He whispered as he suggested, not even settling his eyes on his best friend.

Adelaide blinks; she didn’t reply. Then she bites her inner cheeks, “Aren’t you supposed to be angry at me?” She chuckles.

“Done,” Jenner announced. Glenn lost his chance to answer Adelaide’s questions. Andrea almost stumbles as she stands up, but thanks to Jacqui, she didn’t.

“Are you okay?” Jenner asks the blonde lady. Jacqui mentioned to the doctor that Andrea hadn’t eaten yet—
their entire group hasn’t.

/

The doctor is generous enough to let them eat at the dining table. Everyone is having fun. Everyone has a smile on their face as they eat the delicious food in front of them.

However, Adelaide is having a hard time figuring the doctor out. How can a person be that kind? Especially now, in the world they lived in, it is sporadic to find a genuinely good person. Her guts are saying otherwise. There must be something that the doctor doesn’t want them to know.

Dale pours the red wine into Lori’s glass, “You know, in Italy, children have a little bit of wine with dinner.” He mentioned as he gives the drink to Lori. “And in France.”

Adelaide ignores everyone while she is taking a bite of her pasta. Rick allowed Carl to taste a bit of wine. Carl sipped a little bit of wine and grimaced after.