6. JOURNEY TO THE ACADEMY

Magsimula sa umpisa

So his name was Inayat, an unusual name here and, apparently, he was a captain in the Holy Army and an instructor in the Academy.

Baig, his last name was Baig.

Where have I heard that name before?

After I was sure that the seal was real ( No one can copy that seal), I invited him in.

He looked around my humble abode with a mix of fascination and what I'm hoping is not pity.

Clearly, Mr. Fancy hair has never seen a leaking roof.

"Charming little accommodation you have here," he said after observing his surroundings a bit more.

"Thank you," Well, that wasn't so bad.

"However, I must ask. What is the purpose of the holes in the roof? For water collecting?" 

Ah, there it is.

Seeing my lack of answer, he occupied one of the stools in the living room. 

I did relish the look of horror on his face when the unstable old chair shook on it's ancient legs. 

Chuckling to myself, I went to get some of the tea and snack I had prepared earlier.

He looked at them with fascination too.

Never seen a glass of tea before, Fancy Robes?

Yes, glass, I broke the only cup I had last week.

He politely refused the snacks but took a sip of the tea.

Without taking off his gloves which, I don't care where he is from, was very much offending. 

Well, I guess they truly don't teach manners in the city of the Devine.

He didn't make any comments about the drink so I'm assuming he was blown away by my mediocre tea-making skills.

"So what have you decided?"

Straight to the point, I see.

"It's a Yes", I said trying not to look as nervous as I was. It took a lot of effort.

The goofy smile from yesterday was back on his face. He laughed and took off his hood exposing his whole face.

It wasn't distinguishable before under the hood but now, I could see his clear dark eyes and dark brown hair.

I don't know where he's from but that face will definitely be considered beautiful everywhere around the world.

A silver crown-like jewelry circled his forehead. The foggy onyx diamond in the middle looked menacing for some unexplainable reason.

"I knew you were going to say Yes. That's why I sent the letter this morning. Your entrance documents should be arriving by tonight."

"A bit presumptions, don't you think?"

"Well, I just fail to see why you would give up on any chance to escape this," he exclaimed, making vague hand gestures towards our surrounding.

Excuse me?

He didn't give me a chance to ask what he meant. Instead he asked me the identity of the God?

"I don't know."

Silence. Pin drop silence.

"What do you mean you don't know? Did you not know which temple you went to? Or was it an unfamiliar statue? Gods take different forms, you know"