Met You In a Fight (Danny x Reader)

Little fun fact: Danny and I have both practiced katana before. I am quite skilled if I do say so myself 😌ANYGAYS ONTO THE CHAPTERRRRRRR

Dannys' P.O.V.

Jesus this kid was fast. I could barely keep up, and it didn't help that they kept faking me out. 'Come on just one hit.' I thought. I fell to the ground with a thud. 'What? Damnit, I let my guard down, again!' I mentally scolded myself. 

The person sighed, holding out a hand for me. I gladly took it considering I just fell flat on my ass. "Y/n came out victorious again? Woah." "Danny must be going easy on them, he's the best person at katana I know!!" "Wow, did you see how graceful they were? I could barely keep track of them!" The audience mumbled to themselves. 

They helped me up and I rolled my shoulders. My opponent held out their hand as to say 'nice match'. After shaking their hand, we both turned to our coach for feedback. 

"Danny. You did well with defense, but your offense needs work. You hit them twice pretty hard, but that was it." The overweight man said. "Sir? What do you mean 'I hit them twice pretty hard'? I don't think I even got a hit." I commented.

"Nope, you have a killer swing, and your form is incredible. It hurts to move my arm, you hit the major nerves in my left bicep, like, twice." (This is how my practice went, I dunno if his were different) The person beside me winced. "Really? The whole time it felt like I was blocking your attacks." I shrugged.

"Nope, your defense is really good, I felt like we would keep going for hours. Whenever I tried faking you out, I was sure you wouldn't fall for it. My defense is super weak, and I can't get a grasp on it. Mind helping me out?" They smiled. I nodded and smiled back.

 "Meet me here tomorrow at eight? I'm Y/n by the way!" "Danny. Great to meet you. Here I'll give you my number." We exchanged phones and said our goodbyes after packing up.

Walking out I started to wonder why I hadn't noticed this person before. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a strong vibration and a familiar ringtone.

Jess is calling...

"Hey, Jess!" I say, connecting my phone to the car's Bluetooth.

"Danny! So I called you because I finally got a new pc! Wanna play tomorrow? And I have another friend joining too, we met like yesterday. What d'ya say?"

"Oh, sorry man I gotta bail. I have katana with this kid called-" I was cut off by Jess's phone going off.

"Oh, my friend Y/n says that they have katana practice- Is that what you were about to say? You have katana with Y/n?"

"Yeah, it is. I didn't know Y/n played CoD." 'Well, the more I know the better I guess.'  I think.

"Y/n says, and I quote: 'I remember you were talking about him yesterday. You were right he is really strong. I can barely move my arm, how am I going to get home? Lol.' Dude, how much of an impression did you make on them?!" He laughed.

"Oop- here's another one. 'He is kind of cute tho ngl. What's his sexuality?LMAO' DUDE DID YOU JUST FIND A DATE?!" I could hear the smile and excitement in his voice. Imagining his goofy grin made me smile and chuckle.

"Uh. Hmm. Tell them... tell them I'm honestly not sure. Questioning I guess you could say?" I say, not taking my eyes off the road. 

"Mhm alright. Ok. Annddddd... sent. Oh- that was fast they're already typing." After a few moments of silence, Jess gets a text back. "Here's what they said. 'Oh lol, that's fine. I was honestly in the same phase for so long so I know how frustrating it can be sometimes. Like I see a pretty girl and I'm like: Roses are red, you're so great, pickup lines are overrated, let me take you on a date. But when I see a guy I'm like roses are red, I like you, and what's between your legs too!' And I eventually came to the conclusion I'm pan. So I understand 100%.' Bruh, my heart. They're literally so understanding, you can tell why I've taken a liking to them!" Jess commented.

"Agreed. Ok, dude I'll talk to you later, I'm going to head upstairs and shower. Ciao."  I hung up and walked in the door, kicking off my shoes and dropping my bag. "Katana can suck," I said aloud. I trudged my way up the stairs and into the bathroom.

After his shower 👾

I flopped down on my bed, sore from today's fight and excited for tomorrow's practice with Y/n. Just then I got a text from them. 

🧋: Yo, wanna play some CoD? Today's match was great btw.

Maybe not tonight, it's like 9:30 and I'm tired. Plus I wanna practice early

🧋: what time are we planning to meet, at the ass crack of dawn (4:30) or sum??

lmao kinda

🧋: well shit. Better hit the hay then, nighty night

 g'night

I closed out of messages and told Siri to set my alarm for 4:15 the next morning. I put my phone on the charger and shut off the lights. "Tomorrow morning," I thought.

I woke up to the sound of my favorite song blasting from my phone. "Get up Danny, you got practice with Y/n soon," I mumbled to myself. I quickly changed, ran down the stairs (almost tripping), and grabbed my things. I dashed into the kitchen to grab my keys and a banana, then back to the door and out to my car. I started the car and drove away, tapping my hands on the wheel to the beat of the song.

Not before long I pulled into the parking lot to the sight of Y/n sitting on a longboard and their helmet and bag cast aside. They waved as I got my stuff out of the passenger seat and locked my car. 

"Well hello, shall we get started?" They yawned. 

20 minutes of warm-ups, 3 rounds of sparring, tips and pointers, 5-minute break, more sparring, tips and pointers, one match best of 3. It went on like that for months. Until one morning in July. Y/n and I were sparring until they slipped and fell. 

"Y/n! What happened, are you hurt?" I rushed over to them, completely forgetting about the katana and dropping it. "Obviously genius! I'm pretty sure I just broke my shin!" They were in pain, it looked bad. I called an ambulance and they were sent to the ER.

Six long hours passed until they woke up and were discharged, they looked drained and in a lot of pain. I brought them back to the arena, collected our stuff, and then drove them home.

I helped them onto their couch and sat down next to them. "Thanks, Danny." Y/n smiled sadly. "Of course, you would've done the same, but..." I paused. "Yeah?" They responded. "I can't help but feel like this is my fault." Y/n sighed and leaned into my side. "None of this was your fault, ok? This did not happen because of you."

I wrapped my arm around their waist and pulled them closer to me. They were warm, and the closeness felt nice. I can't remember the last time we just sat and enjoyed each other's company. No CoD, no Katana, no phone calls till 2 talking about dumb shit, no learning to skate and getting hurt. I can't remember the last time I had downtime either, I was always busy.

Y/n pressed their ear to my chest, listening to my heartbeat. "Whatchya doing there?" I said softly. "Listening to your heart beating, what else?" They looked up at me and I realized just how close our faces were. Something in the back of my mind was telling me "No! Don't do it!" But my instincts and heart said 'Go for it'. And so I did.

I kissed them, and they kissed back. I was about to pull away to speak, but Y/n grabbed the back of my head and kept our lips pressed together, moving in synch. They tasted like bubblegum and smelled like a snowy winter day in the forest. 

And I was addicted.

Hey whuddp? There goes another chapter. I'll update when I can, I've just been busy. I'll give y'all the proper explanation when I'm a little more ok. As always don't forget to vote