Itching to Know You (Danny Phantom x Reader w/ Eczema)

Attention: Voltaire is not a part of this one. I will notify you when he is 😁 and sorry for the mistakes in this one I was distracted wayyy too much also sorry for the late update

You awaken to a bright light shining in through your curtains. Morning already? No, I wanna sleep in... You thought. Just then you heard a ping from your phone which you recognized as the reminders app. "The world just wants me up huh..." you mumble into your pillow. As soon as your eyes started to close, your alarm went off full blast. 

You jerked awake, eager to turn off the terrible sound. When you read the title, your eyes widened. "WHAT?! I HAVE A DATE WITH DANNY IN AN HOUR?! JUST WHAT TIME IS IT!?"You screeched. You check your watch, mouth agape. "7:30?! At night?!" Ok, so you definitely knew that wasn't healthy.

You turned on the shower to the coldest setting, not caring to grab clothes to change in the bathroom. As the cool water comes in contact with your skin, the pins and needles in your inner elbow slowly fade away. A sigh of relief leaves your lips as the sensation has been bothering you.

You stepped out of the shower and reached for the container on the counter. The best way to deal with it was either to get a prescription cream or use a very strong moisturizer. You chose the latter, convincing yourself that it wasn't bad. You toweled off before applying it to your inner elbows, the back of your wrists, the back of your knees, and your collarbone. You step out of the bathroom, towel securely around you.

It was a casual date to the movies, then after you were going to get Chinese food at Rainbow King. You settle for a pair of ripped jeans and a Def Leppard shirt, a lock chain, and a few rings that look like Colby Brock would wear to top it all off. Considering you were going to watch Godzilla vs. Kong in 3D, it would be quite a long movie. You and Danny agreed that movie theater snacks were too overpriced. $7 for a bag of M&M's? I don't think so.

 You just finished packing your snacks in your Kate Spade backpack, when you heard your phone go off. "Hey Google, read me my unread text." You commanded. "Ok. You have one unread message from 'Sir Lover'. Would you like me to read it?" The AI asked. "Yes," you said, turning away from your phone. "Here. 'Hey, babe. What is your dorm number again? I remembered your building, just not the floor and number.', how would you like to respond?" It said. 

You rolled your eyes and chuckled at your boyfriend. He's so cute. You thought. "How should I respond to the message?" Google asked once more. "I'll be down in a moment, Danny. Just wait for me in the lobby, okay?" You hoisted the bag up onto your shoulders, and then grabbed your battery pack and two chords that match Dannys' and your phone. Stuffed that into the side pocket, and then went to your phone. You pop the fidget popsocket and head for the door. 

After checking that your dorm was locked, you speed-walked to the elevator, not wanting to miss the movie. As the elevator started its descent, you absentmindedly started spinning the top of the popsocket. As the elevator doors opened, you made a beeline towards your boyfriend, who was being flirted with by none other than the slut of the building, Mrs. Andrea Caddel.

Danny was kindly refusing her offers, saying he already had a partner he was waiting for. You smiled as he stepped away from the girl when she stepped closer. "Danny! You ready to go see this movie?" You said, running up to your partner. Danny smiled as he no longer had to be in this uncomfortable situation. "Really? Out of everyone in the world, you choose Mr/Mrs. Ezcema?" She rolled her eyes.

"Doesn't your jaw hurt from sucking dick all the time?" You asked, hoping that would take attention away from her comment on you. Andrea turned red and narrowed her eyes at you. "Got something to say, slut?" You smirked. "You'll regret that." she scoffed. "Bite me." Andrea stormed off, murmuring something, but we were too far away from her to hear."Let's go, shall we?" Danny asked, turning your attention back to him. "We shall." You responded smiling.

After the movie at Rainbow King

"Wasn't that kind of like Batman vs. Superman except no one died and there wasn't a third superperson or a love interest there to help?" You asked, glancing up from your menu. "Yeah, agreed. Do you know what you're going to get?" "Yeah," you responded.

"Hi, I'm Ash I'll be your server for the night! Can I start you off with any drinks?" The waiter asked, giving us a closed-eye smile. "Oh hey. Danny, would you like to go, or do you still need time?" You asked. "I-I'll take the blueberry Lychee drink, please." Your boyfriend answered. "I'll take one as well." You told the boy. "Ok! Two blueberry Lychee drinks coming right up!" Ash turned away to the kitchen.

When Ash came back he set the drinks down and asked for our orders. You got the orange chicken and Danny got the wonton soup. You don't know why but you had a weird feeling that the server didn't like Danny for some reason. Until it finally clicked. The waiter had been flirting with you. "Are you enjoying the food ma'am/sir? And what about you sir?" Ash came back with a refill for the water in hand. "Yeah, thank you." You took a sip of your water before the server spoke once more. "Would the lovely lady/man like desert?" He asked, not considering your boyfriend was right next to you. 

"No, just the check, thanks." You said before grabbing Danny's hand. "Alright then! Would you like boxes?" "No, just the check." You said once more. You could of sworn Ash was glaring at Danny when you weren't looking. He returned with the check and a pen. "Here you go! I hope you folks have a lovely night!" He winked at you. "Alright enough." You growled, annoyed he was flirting with you when you made it clear your lover was right next to you. You were about to blow a fuse damnit.

"I've made it perfectly clear that the person I love is here with me tonight. Yet, you still continued to flirt with me and disrespect my space. What kind of person does that? And don't think I didn't catch those glares you made when you thought I wasn't looking. Are you just that oblivious or are you choosing to ignore the fact that we have been holding hands for the last 20 minutes? Either way, you need to learn some control and some manners." You scowled.

Ash walked away to allow you to asses the check but the manager came back before you could up and leave. "Hello! I'm the manager here in this restaurant and I couldn't help but overhear what just happened with one of our waiters.  I'm sorry to see that happen and he wouldn't stop when there were clear signs too. I'm sorry for the way he acted and it was completely wrong. To make up for it, your dinner is on the house. I hope you lovely couple enjoy the rest of your night and that never happens again anywhere." The chubby man sighed and smiled, handing back Danny's card. 

"Thank you, sir, have a wonderful night." You smiled as you exited. You reached out for Dannys' hand and caught it in your own, lacing your fingers through his. "That guy had some nerve," Danny grumbled as you leaned your head on his shoulder. "You know I'd never leave you, right? You are as perfect as it gets." You assured him. However, that didn't seem to work because you could feel he was still tensed up. "Babe...?" You asked. "Hmm?" He hummed in response. "Nothing, I love you." You smiled up at him before giving him a kiss on the cheek. Danny just chuckled and smiled back in response.

It was around 10:30 when you arrived back at your dorm. Not yet wanting Danny to leave, you brought him up to your room and had him sit down on the bed. Contemplating whether you should tell him or not, you let out a long, frustrated sigh. Your heart, mind, and gut were at war with each other. Your gut saying tell him, your heart saying that telling him is the right thing to but you could possibly lose him, and your mind saying that he'll be disgusted by you. It was two to one, your heart and gut winning the overall battle.

"Hey, Danny?" You asked, playing with the hem of your shirt. "What's up?" He asked looking over at you. "What do you think of people with eczema?" You were nervously picking at your nails, biting the inside of your cheek, popping your knuckles, and doing anything that might lessen the blow somehow. "That's a weird question, but it's not my place to judge. Well," he started. You squinted your eyes shut, ready for the worst, but it never came. Instead, he said: " I don't think that it's a good thing. But whether someone has it or not, it shouldn't change the way they think about you. Just like it doesn't change the way I think about you, Y/n." He smiled.

"W-what...?" You stammered. "You...you knew?" You asked, dumbfounded. "I've known for a while, I just wanted for you to tell me when you're comfortable with it. I didn't want to make you feel bad or anxious or anything like that." Danny re-arranged some pillows on your headboard and leaned his back up against them. Danny lightly pulled you so that your back was against his chest and his chin was resting on the top of your head. "I love you, Y/n L/n." He cooed. "I love you more, Danny." You hummed in response. 

Don't forget to vote, makes me feel happy 😙