Chapter 16

Chapter 16- Coin

"She said what?" Jeongyeon shouts through the phone.

I squinted my eyes in pain. "It's midnight lower your voice Jeong"

"Sorry, so you said she has a girlfriend right? So she's lying to you?" She adds, making me more confused than I already am.

"Maybe? Maybe not? the last thing she said was 'no' then she got cut off. She's sending mixed signals" I leaned back on the headboard of my bed. Staring at Lee's hoodie that is across the room.

The minute we arrived back home, the disappointment and confusion filled my face, after Lee got out of the car, Mom started scolding and lecturing me on why I shouldn't push my guards again. Of course she pulled what happened at the cemetery as an example.

I just had enough and rushed to my room in the minute my Mom got a phone call, maybe it's the media management. Back to myself, I took a quick shower and head back to my bed, where the hoodie is. I was thinking of asking one of the maids to wash it but strangely, I didn't.

Maybe it's because I got lazy. Or it's because of something else. . .

I grabbed a metal hanger and hanged it in my wardrobe's handle to look presentable and prevent any creases to form.

"That subject away, tell me the truth, do you like her?" Jeongyeon asks seriously, catching me off guard.

I went quiet for a couple of seconds. "Of course not. Only a fool will fall for her"

"Are you sure?" She questions. Of course I am. "Because if I remember correctly, that's the exact answer you gave me when I asked you about your feelings for Taeyong. Look at you now"

I groaned. "Don't bring that idiot up Jeong. His name is enough to kill my mood. And yes, I am sure. Don't compare the two of them, they're far different from each other."

She sighs, not believing my word. "You better be Nayeon, cause if I saw you crying again because of a Lee. I swear, I won't comfort you" she warns.

"Trust me Jeongyeon, I don't plan to be in a relationship right now" I remarked.

"What are you going to do tomorrow? What if she confronts you about this, are you going to ignore her?" She continues.

"No, I'm not attending classes tomorrow. I have an emergency meeting at Korea that I have to visit with Dad. My flight is at 5 am" I inform.

She hummed in confusion. "Again? What's the meeting about? Tomorrow's Friday Nayeon, it's going to be packed with quizzes since next week the campus will be busy with the upcoming events. What about the music club?"

"I told Cheska everything that needs to be done, she can handle it and I'm excused, they said I can answer them at Monday." I assured. "I don't know what's the meeting about, they just told me we need to go to Korea"

She wows in amusement. "You know, sometimes I wish Aunty would excuse me also, all of these deadlines and tests are taking a toll on me, you're such a big shot, Im Nayeon"

"I know~" I flipped my hair. "No one, can do it like me"

She grunts, disgusted on my reply. "Okay, Okay, I'll stop you there before boast about yourself again. So, what about your date with Josh. The flight to Korea is 10 hours maybe more, you're going to have a massive jet lag"

I forgot about that. "I'll drink some pills and It's not a date, it's just a regular dinner between friends" I correct.

"Friends huh? Are you sure that's what Uncle wants?" She includes.