"She down" Rodrick said walking into the room.

"She's an amazing little girl" I complimented as he got in bed.

He pulled me close wrapping his arm around me.

"You think you can handle her and our baby?" he asked seriously.

"Yeah. I accept you so you know I accept her. I'm already in love with her" I responded.

"Cool. I love you."

"I love you too."

We decided to snuggle into bed and call it a night.

Rodrick

Rodrick

I shot the ball in basketball hoop pretending like I was LeBron. I used to play in high school before I dropped out. I was good too despite being five-seven.

"Winner!" the park attendant yelled.

Me and Cedes came out to Santa Monica Pier for a date night.

"Which one you want?" I asked pulling her close to me.

I looked over the stuffed animals hoping she ain't pick no ugly shit.

"That one" Cedes pointed at the oversized Hello Kitty.

"Here you go my lady" the attendant said handing the Hello Kitty to Cedes.

"Thank you" she said and looked at me. "And thank you baby."

I kissed her lips quickly.

"You welcome bae" I said walking us away from the basketball game.

We walked through the crowded park admiring the lights. Low key I fucked with amusement parks.

"Let's ride the Ferris wheel" Cedes said wrapping her arm in mine.

"You know I hate heights" I said looking up at the wheel.

"I'll protect you."

"Yeah okay."

She giggled as we got onto the ride. When we was secured, the operator started the ride up. Cedes grabbed my hand tightly as the wheel started spinning.

"See it's not that bad" she said leaning her head on my shoulder.

"Yeah until we get to the top" I said nervously.

I feared very little but heights was something that put me on edge. A nigga was always scared he would fall. The wheel made its way to the top and I could see the whole park. It was a cool sight.

"Look how beautiful everything is" Cedes said softly.

"The only beautiful thing I see is you" I said before kissing her forehead.

She snuggled closer to me as the wheel went down. I sighed lowly glad that this shit was almost over. I was a roller coaster or go karts type of nigga. I was chillin' because I didn't want to put too much stress on Mercedes body. I went with her to her last doctor's appointment and things are looking good. When the ride came to a stop, we got off.

"You want something to eat?" I asked.

She shook her head.

"I'm good. The hot dog, pizza, and funnel cake was enough" she said grabbing my hand.

"I just wanna make sure my baby well fed" I stated putting my hand on her stomach.

She was getting a little pouch which made me excited. I caressed her pouch through the white Champion sweat shirt she wore.

"Our baby is well fed. I'm pretty full. When we get home I'll have some fruit or something" Cedes said.

We walked out to the parking lot preparing to go home. As we got closer to my car, gun shots rang out. I quickly grabbed Cedes shielding her. I pushed her down to the ground and got on top of her. I looked up to find a gun being fired from a tinted car window. I reached for my Glock. Gripping it tightly, I aimed at the car window and fired off shots. That sent the car skirting out of the parking lot. Before it could get fully out of my view I caught that it was a Charger. The same one TJ had. I got off Cedes about to help her up when I noticed a big red stain on the chest area of her sweat shirt.

"Baby?" I asked with my heart beating out of my chest.

"Rod...Roddy" she whispered coughing up blood.

She grabbed my arm tightly.

"No baby no. Stay with me. You gon' be fine. Baby please" I said cradling her body. "Somebody fucking call 911."

I saw a lady close by pulling out her phone to call 911. My eyes landed back on Mercedes who was still coughing up blood. She had been shot twice. Once in the chest and once in the side. Not only was I worried about Cedes but also for our baby. I held her tightly.

"Baby you gon' be good. The ambulance gonna be here in a couple minutes. You gotta hold on" I urged.

"I...I...love...you" she said barely above a whisper.

"I love you too baby. More than anything in this world. You gotta stay with me. Please don't leave me" I begged.

The grip she had on my arm loosened as her eyes became lifeless. Her arm dropped to the ground just before her body became still. I froze for a minute.

"Cedes?" I asked slightly shaking her.

She didn't respond. I had seen many dead bodies throughout my twenty-two years but this one shook me up the most. The love of my life was dead in my arms. Tears slipped from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks.

"Baby don't leave me. I need you and our baby" I said crying into her lifeless body.

I laid my head on her stomach allowing my emotions to overtake me. This for sure was gon' turn me heartless and cold.

_____________________________

Thanks loves 💕