Chapter 23 - Final Countdown

Start from the beginning

"Is this for Harry Styles?" I whispered.

He nodded his head.

"Can I please hide in the cart? Please?"

"I will call security." he spoke with a thick french accent while he reached for his walkie talkie.

I stopped him, my hand on his. "I'm Nevaeh Malik. His girlfriend."

"I'm sorry miss. I can't let you in. Harry's orders."

I folded my arms over my chest. "Fine. Tell me I love him."

"Will do."

My body wanted me to strangle this man but my brain had a better idea. I waved goodbye to him before walking off. After a few seconds I turned around and quietly sneaked back to the trolley. Without the man realising, I swiftly got myself inside the trolleys center which was covered by a white sheet. There was bearly enough room to fit let alone breath but I kept quiet knowing I wouldn't be stuck here for long. The man knocked on the door.

"Room service."

There was shuffling behind the wooden object.

"Is a girl out there?" I heard Harry say.

His voice. It was horse and not as vibrant as usually. I hadn't heard his voice in so long that my eyes began to tear up.

"No sir."

More noises could be heard as he unlatched the door. It swung open and the cart began to lurched forward in motion. He stopped after the door closed.

The man lifted up the metal covering of the food, "Croque Monsieur and Madame."

I peaked out of the sheet. The cart was near the bed. I peaked out the other side and saw Harry looking out the window. I took this opportunity to crawl out of the tiny space of the cart and under the surprisingly spacish bed. Made it.

The cart was rolled out again when the man realised there was no chance of a reply or tip.

"Bon appetit." he finally said.

As the door clicked closed I shuffled around so I was now facing the end of the bed, looking at Harry's feet.

His face flashed in my head from the quick glance moments ago. He was unshaven, hair a mess. Bags were evident under his usually sparkling green eyes, which was now replaced with lifeless ones. I couldn't stop my own eyes from tearing up even more.

"I know you're there, Nev." came his voice.

I crawled out from the bed and stood in front of him. He wasn't looking at me instead eating his grilled sandwich. I guess Croque Monsieur and Madame wasn't something fancy after all. Hugging myself I took in his appearance. He was wearing a jumper and track suit pants.

"Why?" I quietly spoke.

He lifted his gaze, boring into my soul, "Why what?" He spoke in between mouthfuls.

I sat down next to him on the bed. His room had a nicer view than mine as he had an enormous window.

"No wonder you don't want to leave." I muttered. "Why have you been ignoring everyone and shutting us all out?"

He just shrugged his shoulders.

"Don't you care about us anymore?" I quietly added.

He finished his food, wiped his hands and wheeled the cart outside his hotel room. He sat back down but this time facing me. His hands reached for mine and I let them.

"I didn't want to lose you." he replied before looking at our hands which were now entwined.

I reached up and lifted his chin so we were making eye contact. "You will never lose me." I moved closer, closing the distance. "You are my everything Harry." My lips touched his.