{ 27 }

TW, assault, mentions of blood..

"HERE WE ARE, HARRY." MRS WEASLEY SMILES, handing Harry a small pot, filled with some sort of black powder. Lily sends a questioning look to George — he simply smirks.

"But - mum," Ron begins, looking between the Potter's. "Harry and Lily've never travelled by Floo Powder before... they don't know how it works!"

"Floo Powder?" Both Harry and Lily ask in unison. Harry remains utterly confused, while Lily takes a moment to think back to those bloody dreams that she keeps on having.
There had been multiple unknown concepts mentioned — such as Apparition.

At one point during her first year at Hogwarts, Lily had some sort of dream — more like a vision, of who she believed was her father boarding the Hogwarts Express. He and his parents — Euphemia and Fleaba- Fleamont, had taken him to the Platform by Apparition.

Lily had woken up the next day, and headed straight to her own person library (also known as Hermione Granger), who had said it was a simple form of transformation only used by Wizards and Witches that were of age.

Despite this, not once had 'Floo Powder' been mentioned.

Mrs Weasley chuckles, shaking her head. "Oh, silly me." She says, before ushering Ron to step forward. "You go first, dear — so that Harry and Lily can see how it's done."

Ron smiles smugly, nodding his head — his chest puffing out in a sense of pride.

His head held high, he slowly walks into the fireplace, grabbing a handful of Floo Powder, and clearing his throat. "Diagon Alley!"

Ron is positively gone. Lily lets out a small squeal as he disappears, stumbling back into Tommy — but she pays no mind to him, focusing solely on the fact that her ginger friend just disappeared into flames.

Harry is equally as bewildered, while the others simply stare upon the scene with bored expressions. Fred even has the cheek to say 'hurry up, when's my turn?'

Harry turns to Lily, the girl diverting her attention to her brother. "Do we have to do that? Can we not just — y'know, drive in that funny car or something?" He whispers, Lily nodding.
"I dunno - apparently not." She answers, attempting to swallow the slight lump that has formed in her throat.

Lily Potter wasn't a wimp - that was for sure. But when it came to... whatever she had just witnessed, she couldn't deny the fearful turning in her stomach.

Mrs Weasley steps back, rather casually. "Honestly — its quite easy, dear, really." She says to Harry, urging him to step forward.

Lily looks to her brother, only to see that he hadn't budged. She rolls her eyes, nudging him forward -  finally stepping forward into the fireplace. "Mind your head, dear," Mrs Weasley smiles.

Harry stands completely still, looking around, completely bewildered. Lily snorts at his expression, a smile gracing her face, finding his fear rather hilarious.

"Now, this won't hurt a bit, dear," Mrs Weasley raps his shoulder. "How about we save some time and powder - and take your sister with you?"

Lily's victorious expression drops. It is quickly replaced with one which could only be described as a mix of anger, shock, and fear. Tommy seems to find it funny, letting out a laugh — but he quickly shuts up as soon as he is faced with Lily's harsh glare.

So, the red-headed girl steps forward, sending a glare to the twins who keep on snickering like two toddlers.
"Now, remember to speak very, very clearly - all you've got to say is 'Diagon Alley." Mrs Weasley gives the (simple) instructions to Harry, handing him a handful of powder.

Harry gulps, before speaking — deciding Lily won't be coming with him, apparently.
"Diago-"

"Hey!" Lily exclaims, causing Harry to jump, turning to her with an expression that read 'what on earth are you doing, idiot?'
"Hold my hand, muppet."

So, he did so, before beginning once more — prepared this time. He breaths in. "Diagonally!"

The only thing they felt was simply.... Absolute uncomfortableness. Harry has his eyes tightly shut, while Lily simply grips his hand tightly, yet deciding to keep her eyes open - oddly.

The feeling only lasted for a few seconds, before they landed flat on their backsides — somewhere that was definitely not Diagon Alley. They were in some sort of... shop.

A very dark shop, might I add. They assess their surroundings, spotting a few rather odd artefacts.

"You absolute dope!" Lily exclaims, lifting her hand to roughly slap her brother on the back of his head, earning a 'hey!' from him.
She stands up, dusting off her clothes, Harry following suit. "How hard is it to say 'Diagon Alley?'"

Harry rolls his eyes, forming his attention to some sort of sculpture - a hand. "You're dramatising the situation, Lily."

Lily scoffs. "I'm dramatising the situation? Just seconds ago, you were breaths away from fainting."

Harry seems to find it fit to put his hand under the sculpture, "honestly — you're such a drama que-" Harry's hand is.. trapped.

He lets out a loud screech, jumping up and down, practically stomping on the ground until his hand is free. Lily scoffs, eyeing her brother furiously. "Hypocrite," she mumbles, bruite walking out the door of the mysterious shop.

Lily walks out onto a dark, strange alley — filled with strange people.... this alley definitely wasn't Diagon Alley.

She gulped, grabbing Harry's hand as soon as he reaches her — despite her annoyance.

They try to turn left. But, multiple wizards and witches seem to get in their way, blocking their path - so they turn right.

"Not lost are you, deary's?" An older woman with an awfully high-pitched voice grins form at them, placing a hand on Harry's shoulder. "If you would like... we can help you ding your way back," another man says, and evil grin on his face. He stared directly at Lily, slowly placing a dirty hand on her shoulder, gripping her tight, his hand gradually travelling down to her chest.

She looks from the man to his hand, then back to him. Lily let's go of her brother, gripping the man's wrist, attempting to lift him away - but his grip only gets stronger.

She groans, feeling his nails pierce into her skin. That would definitely leave a mark.
"No — let go of me!"

The man's face inches closer to hers, his face becoming a light shade of purple. He is now gripping onto her shoulder so harshly, his sharp nails digging in to her skin so much that she thinks he might draw blood.

Harry tries to pull her away from the man — but only does he stop when the loud, booming voice of Hagrid can be heard, the witches and wizards clearing away from the scene.
"Harry — Lily?!"

Lily let's out a breath that she had held in, feeling a strong stinging sensation in her shoulder.

Harry turns to her, a worried look on his face - Lily doubts that he could see properly, his glasses broken, and wonky. "Are you alright - did he hurt you?"

"Of course," Lily let's out a breathy laugh. "I'm fine."