{ 16 }

"OK SO YOU WENT WITHOUT ME TO THE LIBRARY.. in the Restricted Section, saw Filch there so you panicked, grabbed your invisibility cloak, dropping and smashing your lantern in the process.. running out of the library just to witness Snape threatening Quirell about.. something you don't know about, then sneaking through a door just to find a large mirror.. in which you saw our mum and dad in?" Lily clarified what her brother had just told her.

The two were sitting in the Common Room, while Harry told his sister about what he discovered the night before when he went to find information on Nicolas Flammel.

Harry nodded, while Lily just stared at him with a confused look.
"I- what has my life become?" Lily asked herself, now staring into the fire with wide eyes.

Ron seems to have heard the girl, because he sat next to Harry, chuckling.
"Ronald, you can't say anything. You have like ten ginger siblings." Lily turned to the boy, narrowing her eyes.
Ron's smile dropped.

"Oh? Like you can? Incase you forgot, you're ginger too!" Ron stared at the girl with the same expression.
"Well- shut up."

Ron laughed victoriously.
"Arsehole." Muttered Lily, causing both Harry and Ron to laugh even more.
Although Lily was slightly annoyed, she smiled at the look of happiness on Harry's face. She loved to see her brother happy again, because it made her happy too.

•••

The next night, Harry had led Lily to the mysterious mirror he had encountered, named The Mirror of Erised.
There, the two had seen the same thing.
Harry, Lily, with their mother and father.

It brought a small tear to the sibling's eyes, they would want nothing else, if they could just have their parents.

Lily noticed how much she looked like their mother - and how much Harry looked like their father.

They looked like such kind people - how could someone kill them? They had never done anything to You-Know-Who.. yet he thought it right to take their lives, along with attempting to take the children's, too?

She wondered how a person could have such a cold heart - but she wondered if You-Know-Who even had a heart. Was he even a person? Was he a human being?

Harry and Lily sat in front of the mirror, legs crossed, while Lily leaned her head on her brother's shoulder, sniffling slightly, as silent tears fell down her Rosie cheeks.

Her brother kissed her forehead, noticing the tears that were illuminated by the soft blue light that came through the stands-glass windows.

"Back again.. Lily, Harry?" Came a deep, although soft voice from behind them. The two quickly scrambled to their feet, Lily wiping her tears in the process.

They stood, facing Dumbledore, who was standing calmly, observing the scene.

"I see that you, like so many before you have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised." Began the wise headmaster.
"I trust by now, you realise what it does."

The sibling's thought for a moment. Did this mysterious mirror tell the future? Would their parents be with them once again someday? Or did it show what one desired?

"Let me give you a clue." The man spoke once more. "The happiest man in the world, would look into this mirror, and see only himself. Exactly as he is."

"So then.." Harry thought for a moment. "It shows us what we want-"
"-Whatever we want." Lily finished.

"Yes.. and no." The sibling's looked up confusedly at the man.
"It shows us nothing more, and nothing less, than our hearts deepest desire.
Now you two, Lily, Harry, have never known your family." Lily widened her eyes sarcastically, receiving a short chuckle from the headmaster, while she smirked.

"You see.. standing beside you.. But remember Potter's. This mirror, gives us neither lies, or truth. Men - and women have wasted away in front of it. Even gone mad." He ended his sentence in a slight whisper.

"Tomorrow, the Mirror of Erised shall be moved to a new home, and will no longer be here at Hogwarts." The Potter's looked up at the man confusedly.
"I trust, that neither of you will go looking for the mirror."

Both Lily and Harry nodded.
It was an odd piece of- furniture.
Nor Lily or Harry had ever seen, let alone heard of anything like it.

An enchanted mirror, which showed your dead parents behind you?
How was that even possible?
Although, just a few moths ago, the Pitter's would only ever encounter a three-headed dog, a newspaper named The Daily Profit where the pictures moved, or a magical alley full of magical shops, in their dreams.

Of course, that's what they thought.

•••

A/n- AAHH IM SO SORRY.
I literally haven't updated in so long and this is such a short chapter - but school has been pretty hard over the past few weeks, y'know, with the whole online schooling thing.

Anyways I'm sorry - I'll be updating more frequently now.
Also, I'm thinking about starting a new story (of course i'll keep writing this one), maybe about Narnia, The Maze Runner - or maybe another Harry Potter character - possibly Marauders?
(Also i might change the cover again ;)
Well, I'm sorry for ranting but i hope you enjoyed the short chapter, i'll make sure to make the last one much longer.
ily!
- sophie